Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell 3007WFP with NVidia 6600GT

Options
  • 02-10-2008 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm having a wee problem with a DELL 3007WFP on a NVidia 6600GT. Basically the max resolution that will fit to the screen is 1280 x 768, though this screen is supposed to support upto 2048 x 1536!.

I'm not great with monitors to be honest, but from what I can gather the Dell requires a dual dvi graphics card which I think (not sure) my card supports?. It has two DVI slots but the monitor will only work in one of them. I get a no signal from the other one.

Drivers are all fine, card is installed properly and I also installed the drivers for the monitor from Dell also. Any ideas on how to get this badboy to work at its max resolution??

Cheers for any info...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Apologies for wasting your time chaps, after a bit of research turns out the my graphics card needs to support Dual-Link DVI rather than just having Dual DVI ports.

It looks like the card I need to support it is something along the lines of a Nvidia 7800 GT!. Any bloody hell they are pricey..

Anyone know where to pick one up cheapish??

Cheers..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

If you plug the monitor into the DVI socket with no signal it is more than likely because it not selected as the default monitor in the NVidia control panel.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I started crying when I read this header...what a waste of a 30"..

give you my 24" for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Assuming your not a gamer, something like a 3560 would be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Feelgood wrote: »

It looks like the card I need to support it is something along the lines of a Nvidia 7800 GT!. Any bloody hell they are pricey..

Anyone know where to pick one up cheapish??

Cheers..

Where are you looking?? the 7800GT is ancient at this stage, goes for about 30-40 euro 2nd hand on adverts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭kmb

Hi,
    I have a 256mb 7800gtx if it suits your needs.

€50 +€10 postage.

Regards,
    Kieran

Advertisement