Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Safrane Market?

Options
  • 03-10-2008 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭

Is there any market for these at all?

Thinking about selling it on to get something smaller.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Theres a market for every car. I've had 2 and loved them both. Never should have sold them.

They both sold very quickly aswell.

What year and spec is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

2000, 2 litre, manual drive.

i was told that the French president insisted on being driven around in one. Think that was part of the previous owners sales talk!

Its a great car to drive just heard people say that they don't sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

It could cost you more to sell and buy smaller than it would to just hang on to the Safrane. 2.0l shouldn't be totally abysmal for fuel anyway.

Don't be too influenced by conventional wisdom/tree-huggers/bad journalists into 'downsizing'...

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Lovely car. So comfy and well equipped. Also very few of them around, but i'd say they'd be hard to sell. Any problems with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Beware the cost of change!

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

Of course there is a market at a price, a very very small price.

How much do you think i could get for it being prudent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Abraham

Condition - mileage - last NCT? - accidents ????

196k miles previous owner was a salesman. Next nct is march 2010. Its in good condition otherwise. Car radio is missing 2 buttons, thats annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd hold on to it till it dies or becomes uneconomical to repair to be honest. It will very little monetory value to someone else I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

196k miles previous owner was a salesman. Next nct is march 2010. Its in good condition otherwise. Car radio is missing 2 buttons, thats annoying.

With that milage you'll be lucky to shift it tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If it was in good nick I'd offer you 500 for it (not that I'm in the market as I have a middle aged barge of my own to keep going as its pretty much unsellable!)

Mike

I bought it for 2300 about 6 months ago. Did i pay too much so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

It is really hard to see that someone would buy that car, 196k miles, Renault and 2 litre petrol are not actually good things when you are selling,

why you just dont keep the car, try to find out can you get 300k out of it;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

It probably was too expensive then but the market has nosedived in the intervening period that nobody really could have predicted.

Certainly the car is effectively worthless now. Such a pity really that cars go for so little so soon but that's reg plate snobbery, and 196k miles is considered astronomical by most people here(even though a well maintained engine should have little difficulty in hitting 250k and maybe even as much as 300k).

Keep it for as long as it keeps going well is by far the best, and cheapest option really.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I sold my 97 2.5 auto for that last Oct. I loved the car so I'd have paid the same for it.

I really miss having an auto, I want to go back to one as soon as I can.

Having everything on it really helped. Heated leather, electric inflatable seats mmmmmmmmmmm. Damn I miss that car :(

Guy I bought it off had a lovely Champagne coloured 2000 one of the same spec recently. I hadnt any money at the time though, would have loved to buy it.

Ignore E92, offload that heap of junk asap to the first person that has any sort of paper money. Incidentally I know someone that might be interested.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,449 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's nearly worthless, but look at it from the bright side. You won't have any more depreciation :)

Just enjoy the comfort and luxury of your Safrane until it needs an expensive repair and then let it go and buy a smaller more economical car. Probably cheaper overall than changing now anyway

Advertisement