Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stout/Lager vs Vodka and Coke

Options
  • 03-10-2008 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I drink a pint of Guinness and my brother drinks a Vodka and Coke. Sometimes I drinks a lager, but he drinks the same.

In your opinion, which is the worst to drink and why?? Please explain??

Thanks,

Peter.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

Peadar, your brother is on the bad stuff, not because of the vodka, but the Coke. The sugar exacerbates the hangover and rots the teeth. It also has a higher calorific value than beer. So stick to the stout and try to persuade your borther to either get onto the beer too or at least cut out the Coke. Fruit juice is good with vodka, especially grapefruit or, even better, cranberry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭wordofmouth

Grapefruit juice goes with nothing!! I can't stand the stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Despite the advertising, Guinness is not good for you. However I agree with BH on the coke thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

Good point Brianthebard. As with all things, moderation is the key. That said, though, a pint of Guinness has fewer calories than a pint of orange juice...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Peadar06 wrote: »
    I drink a pint of Guinness and my brother drinks a Vodka and Coke. Sometimes I drinks a lager, but he drinks the same.

In your opinion, which is the worst to drink and why?? Please explain??
    In what respects? health, money?

A pint of guinness in my local is €4.20, 4.2% 568ml. So that is 23.856ml of pure alcohol. €176 per litre of pure alcohol.

A 200ml coke is €2.80, a vodka €3.85 37.5% 35.5ml, €6.65 in total. So 13.3125ml of pure alcohol. €499.50 per litre of pure alcohol.

2.84 times the price for essentially the same drug.

• Advertisement
Advertisement