Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you on the Dept of Ag CAP Beneficiaries Publication site?

• 03-10-2008 1:53am

The agriculture.gov.ie/cap_ben_results site gives what every farmer in the country received from EU funded schemes.

I'm curious to know the size of the payments received by farmers that visit this site.

The options are:
    0 -5,000
    5,001 - 10,000
    10,001 - 20,000
    20,001 - 30,000
    > 30,000

I was surprised to see that my father - a part time farmer nearing retirement - got twice as much as my uncle - a full timer. I guess that is down to REPS.

Edit: the poll is anonymous so we won't know who ticks the >30,000 option.

Where are you on the Dept of Ag CAP Beneficiaries Publication Site? 37 votes

0 -5,000
    0% 0 votes
    5,001 - 10,000
    21% 8 votes
    10,001 - 20,000
    18% 7 votes
    20,001 - 30,000
    21% 8 votes
    > 30,000
    10% 4 votes
    I don't get a penny
    8% 3 votes
    None of your business
    18% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 diaduit73

Is every farmer's name who got a payment on the list? my father had me searching it for an hour earlier on looking for his name, also another local farmer isn't on the list either. he's convinced it's my fault and not the dept of agriculture that his name isn't in the database.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭BMurr

I was surprised to see that my father - a part time farmer nearing retirement - got twice as much as my uncle - a full timer. I guess that is down to REPS.

quote]

Or down to your father being a cute hoor:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

where's the link to the single farm payment for farmers ?? Do you have to register to see it?
    I'm blue searching the inter-web for it.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Treviticus

www.agriculture.gov.ie. Last one on the Most Popular box in the top left - CAP Beneficiaries. Take it from there.

Treviticus wrote: »
    www.agriculture.gov.ie. Last one on the Most Popular box in the top left - CAP Beneficiaries. Take it from there.

Arra jaysus, here it is lads

Click on below, then on grey bar down bottom, them on 2008.

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/agri-foodindustry/euinternationalpolicy/commonagriculturalpolicycap/capbeneficariesdatabase/paymentsdatabase/cap_ben_default.jsp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 Keeperlit

You might find it here

www.dontbesuchanoseyprick.com

Keeperlit wrote: »
    You might find it here

www.dontbesuchanoseyprick.com

Keeperlit Tell that to the department of agriculture!! I'm there and am not happy about it. When your jocks are out in public its better to know what stains are on show!

They seem to have updated the search tool and changed some of the options.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 macflea

no the reps payment is not included in these payment, interesting going though clients on this list, the biggest misers are the one receiving biggest pay outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭dryan

macflea wrote: »
    no the reps payment is not included in these payment, interesting going though clients on this list, the biggest misers are the one receiving biggest pay outs.

Just checked mine there and it includes SFP, Reps, and Area Aid.
    Not happy about all these details being posted on the web......yeal have every hoor around in snooping to see what all the neighbours are getting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

dryan wrote: »
    Just checked mine there and it includes SFP, Reps, and Area Aid.
    Not happy about all these details being posted on the web......yeal have every hoor around in snooping to see what all the neighbours are getting.

while i agree that the publication is a charter for nosey parkers , like with politicians salarys , tax payers are entitled to know where thier money is going to if they choose to , all public servants salarys should be published aswell on this basis though

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

irish_bob wrote: »
    while i agree that the publication is a charter for nosey parkers , like with politicians salarys , tax payers are entitled to know where thier money is going to if they choose to , all public servants salary's should be published aswell on this basis though

As should social welfare payments. Would probably help cut down on fraud.

kfk wrote: »
    As should social welfare payments. Would probably help cut down on fraud.

i fully agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭zesman

Quick question is there any tax paid on these CAP payments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

zesman wrote: »
    Quick question is there any tax paid on these CAP payments?
    Yes there is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Jesus, around 120 Cork farmers got over €100,000. Only 4 in Clare were over that amount. Some were over €400,000 in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DurtyMurty

irish_bob wrote: »
    while i agree that the publication is a charter for nosey parkers , like with politicians salarys , tax payers are entitled to know where thier money is going to if they choose to , all public servants salarys should be published aswell on this basis though

You could add in - tribunal and free legal aid scheme lawyers, med card scheme doctors, various government appointed consultants and bodies, and many more who receive some form of public money - generally in significantly larger quantities than quoted above

"What's sauce for the goose......."

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

DurtyMurty wrote: »
    You could add in - tribunal and free legal aid scheme lawyers, med card scheme doctors, various government appointed consultants and bodies, and many more who receive some form of public money - generally in significantly larger quantities than quoted above

I think doctors income from the medical card scheme is published.

DurtyMurty wrote: »

completly agree

• Advertisement
Advertisement