Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to tap a keg

Options
  • 03-10-2008 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

I got a keg of Guinness. Only problem I have is how to set it up so I'm looking for some help. Photos of all the different parts below.

57883739ph8.jpg
    39008237wt0.jpg
    51987866et4.jpg
    72063796ux3.jpg
    77135513wz1.jpg

I got the connection to the keg sorted.
    Picture A is the back of the chiller unit, which I fill with water and leave run for an hour before pouring anything. But what connects to these connections?
    Picture B is a connection of some kind and some kind of toggle switch. I think this might be part of the gas connection.
    Picture C I think is the connection for the gas in Picture E.
    Picture D I'm not sure, I presume these connect to the back of the chiller but I'm not sure where.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Looks like the green tube is your gas. There should be a gas and beer line coming from the keg. ~The gas line will go to your gas cylinder (E) via (B) which looks like a shutoff/vent valve. You may need a jubilee clip when connecting your gas line to the cylinder (or that may be a quick-fit connection in (E).
    The beer line goes to the tap via the chiller. Each pair of pipes on the chiller is an IN and OUT for different lines (I think). Pick a pair of them, (perhaps the middle two?) and run your tube (push it into the quick disconnects) so you have: keg--chiller IN--chiller OUT--tap.

You may have to fiddle with pressure (have you a regulator) temp. etc., or perhaps it comes already balanced.

Mines a pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Nice one. From what you have said, and from the diagram below the pipes in A it looks like the in is on the left and out on the right. So I'll give the far left and far right a ones a go

Advertisement