Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debate Watch

Options
  • 03-10-2008 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭

Anyone else think that Palin seems *terrified* during her first answer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yeah, but she has improved.

Stop saying MAVERICK though!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

and stop saying "darned"

"I may not answer the question the way the moderator wants to hear" - as in I'm going to talk in circles and roundabouts. pff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Biden (so far) is doing well. He's attacking her statistics and McCain, rather than her. He needs to make her looks amateurish, rather than foolish, and the best way to do that is attacking her statistics.

Palin also needs to stop looking into the camera. She might be trying a "I'm talking to you, America", but it doesn't work. It's a debate, not a lecture.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Chat going on about it here in the bar...... http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57455088#post57455088

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

*Is the backwards way of dealing with the economy*

• Advertisement

Biden should bring up the the regulation again. Sounded like avoidance!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

OUCH LOWBLOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

The Ultimate Bridge to Nowhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

You know he was dieing to include that line somewhere. It didn't really make sense but he just had to say it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭BenjAii

To be fair, and i'm no Republican supporter, she's doing OK so far ...

• Advertisement

BenjAii wrote: »
    To be fair, and i'm no Republican supporter, she's doing OK so far ...

she isn't answering questions. She's giving one line and then falling back on learnt lines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I am a Republican supporter and she's made a few errors that I've noticed already, hopefully there are a good number of drunk voters in swing states watching tonight, she's looking well :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 song for nico

nah she's completely flaking, biden is in total control.

amacachi wrote: »
    I am a Republican supporter and she's made a few errors that I've noticed already, hopefully there are a good number of drunk voters in swing states watching tonight, she's looking well :p

jfk syndrome for men?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

The men really didn't like the 'Ive been at this for 5 weeks' comment.

Hope Biden slams her before the end. He really should just let her speak. It's remarkable how empty her answers are, sentences with 5 tenses anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 song for nico

her voice is so ****ing transparent.

she isn't answering questions. She's giving one line and then falling back on learnt lines

I thought she was doing ok, but noticed this more and more.

Nobody cares about Alaska!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I just can't get over how empty her answers are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

"clean green natural gas" - oxymoron, spoken by a true moron.

taconnol wrote: »
    "clean green natural gas" - oxymoron, spoken by a true moron.

Nicely put.

• Advertisement

I'm not on her side, but lets be fair here, this is no trainwreck ..

She's doing fine ...

She's doing fine ...

Err..are we watching the same debate? OK she isn't stuttering and stumbling like in the Couric interviews but it's like she's playing a piece of music on the piano, is hitting the wrong notes but just keeps going. She's keeping her momentum going but that's about it.

Biden is much more natural and she varies between sounding totally rehearsed and doing her "joe 6 pack american" spiel.

She's doing fine ...

Agreed, she's increasingly sounding scripted and referring to notes?

No major gaffes, but not confidence inspiring either!

Maybe I'm biased, but it seems to me that the order of the answers seems to be suiting Biden better.

Have to say, I quite like what I'm seeing from Biden though.

amacachi wrote: »
    Maybe I'm biased, but it seems to me that the order of the answers seems to be suiting Biden better.

Have to say, I quite like what I'm seeing from Biden though.

the great thing about a coin toss is that it's rarely biased.

I think she might even be getting the better of him.

It doesn't matter that technically he is giving the better answers, she is communicating better to "middle america" types.

Given how dopey she seemed in the Couric interviews, she has trumped her critics.

BTW, just for the record, i'm no fan, she is scary "man walked with dinosaurs 4,000 years ago" woman.

did she slip in a *I'm a woman* comment there with the women's right mention just there.

I'm genuinely stunned at how even the CNN tracker thingy is. I can only imagine the idiots they are using

the great thing about a coin toss is that it's rarely biased.

Aye, the moderator is having fun flipping that coin between each answer. Did I say it was biased?

She does seem to be getting a bit more confident as it goes on though.

• Advertisement

I think she might even be getting the better of him.

It doesn't matter that technically he is giving the better answers, she is communicating better to "middle america" types.

Given how dopey she seemed in the Couric interviews, she has trumped her critics.

BTW, just for the record, i'm no fan, she is scary "man walked with dinosaurs 4,000 years ago" woman.

Nah, your biased! :pac:

She'll assuage the Republicans, not the Independents!

Advertisement