Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have a unused or broken N70?

• 03-10-2008 2:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

I lost my nokia N70, and it looks like Vodafone won't replace it until i give them my IMEI, for which I don't have cause it's on the phone.

Does anyone have a broken N70 or unused one so I can have the IMEI?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you got the phone from Vodafone they should have the IMEI..... no broken one sorry.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I bought it SIM free, but not from Vodafone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Anyway to read an IMEI without using the screen? my sister's n70's screen broke a few weeks back. Ill have to check if she still has it, and if she's gonna bother getting it repaired. If not, ill drop you a PM

Hey cool. it's on the phone too underneath the battery. It's a 15 digit code, should start with 353. :)

No problem if you can't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I lost my nokia N70, and it looks like Vodafone won't replace it until i give them my IMEI, for which I don't have cause it's on the phone.

Does anyone have a broken N70 or unused one so I can have the IMEI?

If you made calls on the Vodafone network with your lost N70 then they'll have a record of your IMEI. Also, if you give them an IMEI that is not from the handset you lost and you're trying to make an insurance claim, it won’t be honoured.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

one thing though, why would vodafone replace a phone they never sold you, and surely when you give them the IMEI they'll check it against their record of sold phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

The box it came in should have a sticker on it with the IMEI on it - might be worth digging in a few presses.....

Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

noblestee wrote: »
    one thing though, why would vodafone replace a phone they never sold

that's a very good question:D

I bought the phone SIM free and renewed the contract, which included the insurance on the bill which i continued paying. I didnt buy the phone from a Vodafone store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

yeah and if somebody gives you their imei number, vodafone will *blacklist* it from their network and most networks share their blacklisted imei lists, so somebody will end up with a dead useless phone while you claim on your insurance!!

Make sure if giving an imei for neuromancer that its from a phone that will definitely never be used again!

• Advertisement

I was specific about that....

So, anyone have one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

So, anyone have one?

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but,
    its going to be of no use to you if anyone can give you an imei, the network will check to see if your sim has been used in the phone & they cross reference it with the imei :(

First I have heard of that. Why would they ask me for it then, if they already have it?

Advertisement