Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noob question on abilities and the toolbar

• 03-10-2008 8:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

Sorry, this is probably really obvious or a case of RTFM, but I've rolled two characters (Shadow Warrior and Marauder) and seem to have the same problem with both.

Lets say I'm playing as the Shadow Warrior, and I've got three stances I can pick as buffs - Scout, Skirmish or Assault. On my toolbar I've got a pile of different abilities, some of which can only be used when in a particular stance. So, I'm in Scout mode and lets say I've got 3 abilities that I can use and two abilities that are on the toolbar but are greyed out cos I can't use them - I need to switch to Assault to use them. So I switch to Assault and viola, all the icons on my toolbar disappear! All of the abilities, even the ones that I should now be able to use in Assault. They don't just all get greyed out, everything vanishes from the tool bar. Same thing happens with the Marauder and his different mutation buffs.

What gives? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think this is a bug. I was playing a Witchhunter the other day and they have an invisibility skill. Whenever I use it, all the icons in that toolbar disappear. At first I thought it was just that those skills couldn't be used when invisible, but one of the skills could only be used then, and that had disappeared too.

Have you tried putting the kills on the other toolbar, and seeing if they don't disappear? That worked for me, but it's still a problem that has to be solved by the developers. Just make sure you send a bug report in-game so that they know there's a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I don't think its a bug. I have played both WH and SW and the system reminds me of WoWs Warrior, each stance has a seperate hotbar. Just drag the moves that either don't use a stance (Eagle Eye, the main SW attack) and those that use it. Saves having to pick through dozens of abilities you can't use in a certain stance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

What Gunmonkey says :)

Separate bars for separate stances, drag actions from the Abilities display for each stance and have the 'common' actions (ones which don't use a specific stance) on a second tool bar. You can have up to 8 tool bars simultaneously on your screen from the tool bar options on the main menu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Some abilities are completely pointless being on your action bars, when you arent in the correct stance to use them.

So, all you need on your main bar is the few generic abilities and the keys to change stance, and then you have a whole host of other abilities on each stance bar.

Advertisement