Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking for LED suppliers..

• 03-10-2008 9:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭

I am looking to replace a lot of standard 38w flourscent tubes with some LED flourscent tube lights and can't seem to find a provider who does them at a reasonable cost,
    I have seem them in the U.S., basically these LED ligts are an empty flourscent tube with anywhere from 150 lED's to 400 LED's in them and are direct replacements for standard floursecent tubes, once the ballast has been removed.
    they are very efficient as they are normally 16w compared with 38w...
    Anyone know where I can source some of these bad boys....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Found them here, €55 for a 4ft. tube.:eek:

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Do-more wrote: »
    Found them here, €55 for a 4ft. tube.:eek:

Hey thats cheaper that I found them at.... mind you at €55 a single tube, no matter how green I want to be can't se teh company account agree to shell out that money considering a single flourscent is only €2......
    appreciate the link... thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No doubt they are all coming out of China, might be worthwhile enquiring with someone like this about pricing. If your company is already sourcing from China you might be able to consolidate a "sample" order of led tubes, or get them in on groupage or airfreight...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BKelly

Hello Robtri,

I am Brian from Lumanetic. I stumbled across your thread today and thought I'd touch base.

Have you found T8 LED tubes to replace your Fluorescents yet? - If so, what do you think of them?

In response to a comment in this thread - It is true that the LED equivalent tube is very expensive, no question about it - but the payback more than pays for itself over the tubes life! - I offer a 2-year warranty with these products and if you order significant quantities, I can offer a decent discount.

Something that may interest you is that I have recently gotten a number of other LED tubes (not on website yet) recently included onto SEI's ACA (Accelerated Capital Allowance) scheme. This means that if you own or are part of a company, then you can reclaim 100% of your investment for these products. They are a little more expensive than products listed on my website though! If you're interested, let me know.

Pls let me know if I can assist in any way!
    Cheers4now,
    Brian

Advertisement