Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problems selecting 3rd gear (Corolla)

Options
  • 03-10-2008 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi All,

Having some problems at times when I try to get the car into 3rd gear, push the gear stick fully forward but when I let up the clutch slightly, I notice that the gear stick is moving around (hasn't selected 3rd correctly) and if I was to let it up any further, it's grinding time so I have to quickly take it back out of gear and back into 3rd again which normally works.

I mentioned it to a mechanic shortly after getting the car and he said that it should cause no problems but lately it is getting worse. Also, it seems to be at it's worst in the mornings.

Car is a 95 Corolla. Anyone got any ideas what needs to be done here or has anyone experienced similar before?

All help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Clutch could be too slack, try tightening the cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Dools2007

It only happens when I try to put the car into 3rd gear though. :confused:

Advertisement