Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

docx files ?

• 03-10-2008 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Any way of converting these to docs ?

All the convertors i get are trial versions and only convert the 1st page ..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

The easiest way is to get someone with office 07 to open the files and re-save them. When saving they can select to save them as 2003 version files which are.doc as opposed to .docx

If you need em done fast and there is nothing confidential in the files slap em up here or mail me them and i can re-save them for you.
    Just drop me a PM with your mail address if u like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Thanks PM sent..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

there's a free plugin for office2003 that'll read office2007 docx files.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Yeah actually thats right.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=941B3470-3AE9-4AEE-8F43-C6BB74CD1466&displaylang=en

Thats the compatibility pack as far as i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Yeah the plugin works fine, I used it before we got Office 2007 and Open Office can open them too.

There is an ODF one for Ms Office too to support Open Office document format.

• Advertisement
Advertisement