Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partner wants to move to Oz what do we need to prove we're together??

Options
  • 03-10-2008 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

We've decided we've had enough of the miserable Irish summers and so Oz here we come. My partner is a Civil engineer. We have 2 kids but are not married. What do we need to prove we're together so that we can all go as a family? Because I'm the one at home all the bills are in my name even tho we're sharing the cost!!! Has anyone else out there applied this way before? Would really appreciate ANY pointers!! :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

Hi, what visa are you applying for? Is it a skilled worker visa for your partner? Or is one of you already a citizen or resident?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

You said you have two kids - are both your names are on the birth certs? That might work documentation wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 piscesmum

Just checking immigration site for Oz there's a mention of a waiver of the one-year relationship status if there's a child. So abit confused about that. Does it mean that if we have children together then we won't have to prove we've been in a relationship for a year therefore defacto spouse????? Surely we'd never be that lucky!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 piscesmum

Going for independant skilled migrant visa. We're both stuck here in Ireland still!!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

piscesmum wrote: »
    Going for independant skilled migrant visa. We're both stuck here in Ireland still!!!:cool:

PM me I will put you right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Well, not sure if it'll be the same for you but I'm applying for a parnership visa in NZ and have used the following evidence to prove we are in a relationship:

photos of us together in various places (with family and on holidays)
    bills with both our names on them
    joint bank account statements
    our own personal bank account statements showing money being transferred between our accounts.
    leases for places we've rented together
    letters addressed to both of us at the same address
    cards (birthday, christmas, going awaw) from my friends and family with both our names in them

I'm not sure about the visa you'll be applying for etc but this is the evidence I'm using. I know that if you are married you still need to apply by the same process that I am but that it's a bit easier. THe same goes for if you have kids - you have to include their birth certs. I'm not sure about Aus though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

^^^ It's the same here as the above

Advertisement