Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Named and shamed.. Cycle lane rant (with photo)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

If I see my car up there the poster will be coming off their moral high ground with a hatchet in the back.

/wipes tear away from eyes. Hah! It's always great to start the day laughing. Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

CDfm wrote: »
    thats it with you cyclists you want the rules to apply to others but not yourselves

cyclists are a menace
    Ah the old US & THEM. Lots of cyclists are also motorists, and most are pedestrians too. You go on about them as though they are a complete different species, as though somehow when any person gets on a contraption with 2 wheels they suddenly become a homocidal suicidal lunatic.
    I see loads of Gardai -sauntering around not enforcing cycling rules or policing the roads.
    So do I, and I am glad to see they are doing their job right, laws are brought in for a reason, I find most gardai have common sense and enforce the laws where appropriate. You might get the odd pedantic arsehole cop who might arrest somebody jaywalking over a completely empty road, but they would be in a minority. I break road laws in full view of the gardai, last week I got a nod from one of them, appreciating what I was doing, I was keeping myself safer, and helping the flow of traffic. Was I breaking the law-yes, was that law brought in with the intention of stopping my action- apparently the gardai did not think so, neither did I, and I expect the morists behind me were pleased to see me "breaking the law" too.
    All cyclists should have an ID Card and permit.

THey are a danger so shouild be licenced.
    So I expect you would say the same about pedestrians? After all they are the biggest road law breakers out there. Ohh wait, I expect you are a pedestrian so they do not fall into your bitter little US & THEM mentality.

rubadub wrote: »
    I expect the morists behind me were pleased to see me "breaking the law" too.

If that was meant tongue-in-cheek my apologies, but if not I would expect the people in cars to say something like 'f***ing cyclists' and general ramblings about how cyclists don't respect the law yet I do/have to etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭littleknown

are you threatening people you pathetic looser? flick yourself off and relax a little

Are you serious?

The rest of the little lemmings will be coming in with their own pictures of private cars. If I see my car up there the poster will be coming off their moral high ground with a hatchet in the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭littleknown

i think theres a clue in the picture as to why riot police were involved and it isnt the italian restaurant in the background.

quote=andrewlownie101;57467828]Riot-Police-Rangers-Fans-UEFA-Cup-final_872484.jpg[/quote]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Sure the guy on the ground is fine... he's on hte phone telling his mates he's all cool.

Says a lot about this forum when the usual moaning thread gets 7 pages of attention and the Lance Armstrong thread gets 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

rubadub wrote: »
    Ah the old US & THEM. Lots of cyclists are also motorists, and most are pedestrians too. You go on about them as though they are a complete different species, as though somehow when any person gets on a contraption with 2 wheels they suddenly become a homocidal suicidal lunatic.

I break road laws in full view of the gardai, last week I got a nod from one of them, appreciating what I was doing, I was keeping myself safer, and helping the flow of traffic. Was I breaking the law-yes, was that law brought in with the intention of stopping my action- apparently the gardai did not think so,

Lots of cyclists are homocidal lunatics put them on a bike and they are a lawless bunch of hoolligans

And just like you break the law for convenience cos they wont get prosecuted.

I just love the logic -but good of you to fess up because it shows the culture of tolerance to lawbreaking on our roads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement