Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hull Game Sunday

Options
  • 03-10-2008 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭

We thought last nights defencive display - wait till Sunday, this is what Ramos said about rotating the squad!

"Now we have a game against Hull in just three days and I will have to make some changes again. Ledley King will need a rest and I may also have to leave out Jonathan Woodgate as well.

So Ledders and Woody both out, back line could be this against Hull - God help us

Gunter - Corluka - Zokora- Bale:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

John W wrote: »
    We thought last nights defencive display - wait till Sunday, this is what Ramos said about rotating the squad!

"Now we have a game against Hull in just three days and I will have to make some changes again. Ledley King will need a rest and I may also have to leave out Jonathan Woodgate as well.

So Ledders and Woody both out, back line could be this against Hull - God help us

Gunter - Corluka - Zokora- Bale:eek:

Could'nt care less what back 4 plays, once we get 3 points. 7 from 9 a must from the next 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

No Ledley King equals Nil points.

Hull will be coming to WHL with no fear just off the back of a victory against Arse and up against a side with no backbone or confidence.

The pessimistic dark clouds are gathering over me here in Galway.

:(

Let's hope I'm wrong

RichMc70 wrote: »
    No Ledley King equals Nil points.

Hull will be coming to WHL with no fear just off the back of a victory against Arse and up against a side with no backbone or confidence.

The pessimistic dark clouds are gathering over me here in Galway.

:(

Let's hope I'm wrong

I fancy us to get our 1st win on Sunday. Hull have started well but there a v average side. The 1st goal as always will be vital, if we get it, Id say we might get 3 or 4.

As for King, Im not sure about the No King Nil Points quote. He has looked increasingly shaky when he has played this season, most recently yesterday evening. Its a bad sign when we are pinning our hopes on a guy who cant play 2 games on the trot !!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Ramos’s last stand, I reckon. Can't see him been kept if we lose this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Hatch: As for King, Im not sure about the No King Nil Points quote. He has looked increasingly shaky when he has played this season, most recently yesterday evening. Its a bad sign when we are pinning our hopes on a guy who cant play 2 games on the trot !!

As far as I'm aware Ledley has only featured in 4 games this season - Chelski (a), Wisla Krakow (h), Barcodes (a) & Wisla Krakow (a)
    Played 4, Won 2, Drawn 2

Games without Ledley
    Boro (a), Sunderland (h), Villa (h), Wigan (h) & Pompey (a)
    Played 5, Won 0, Drawn 1

I'll rephrase it to:
    No Ledley King equals 1 point every 5 games

I'm not pinning any hopes on our captain. As said in other posts on this forum, the man is incapable of playing two on the trot. In footballing terms he's a cripple. However for some strange reason when he's out on the pitch we have somehow managed to scrape positive results.

Ledley is not a long term answer but a reliably fit Ledley type player at the back is. We all know this but it's up to the management and DOF to get off the backside and go find one by the time January comes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Could'nt care less what back 4 plays, once we get 3 points. 7 from 9 a must from the next 3 games.
    Surly that is my point, with this back four we won't get 3 points:o

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Hatch: As for King, Im not sure about the No King Nil Points quote. He has looked increasingly shaky when he has played this season, most recently yesterday evening. Its a bad sign when we are pinning our hopes on a guy who cant play 2 games on the trot !!

As far as I'm aware Ledley has only featured in 4 games this season - Chelski (a), Wisla Krakow (h), Barcodes (a) & Wisla Krakow (a)
    Played 4, Won 2, Drawn 2

Games without Ledley
    Played 5, Won 0, Drawn 1

I'll rephrase it to:
    No Ledley King equals 1 point every 5 games

How many of those games without Ledders did Dawson figure in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Say under Jol would it have been unrealistic to expect 12-15 points out of these games without King. We need to win this game I'm currently laughing at the toughts that we're going to be in relagation dogfight but if we dont get at the very least 7 from the next 9 I honestly think too much damage could have been done to our morale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

FFS we're 1-0 down. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

shyttt. another crap day in store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

EMBARRASSING AND DEPRESSING..:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Oh dear, same crap, different day. Fantastic free kick to win it but the fact is we can't score goals having sold our two best players from last season and not adequately replacing them.

As if we needed any confirmation before this result, but we're in serious trouble and getting deeper and deeper into it every weekend, meaning it's going to be more and more difficult to get out of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 The Lilywhite

I was flicking over from Sky Sports news to Setanta news and by all accounts we were poor, I heard Pavyelchenko (I think thats the correct spelling) limped off and he is now injured, Graham Roberts made a point that we should try and sign Ronaldo the Brazilian, hes free and seemingly he has lost a lot of weight and can score goals and he has to be better than what we have up front, what do you lads think?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Watched it on streams - all the possession but no threat up front.
    Woodgate hit post via deflection, Bent just outside, couple of decent Bale free kicks and that's it. Marney hit post could have been 2-0.
    You'd make money backing us to lose 1-0 every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I was flicking over from Sky Sports news to Setanta news and by all accounts we were poor, I heard Pavyelchenko (I think thats the correct spelling) limped off and he is now injured, Graham Roberts made a point that we should try and sign Ronaldo the Brazilian, hes free and seemingly he has lost a lot of weight and can score goals and he has to be better than what we have up front, what do you lads think?

He is probably worth a try at this stage,we were hopeless upfront today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

utter rubbish again, but no surprize.
    didn't watch or listen to it, went out for a walk instead.
    came home and discovered another very predictable cr@p result
    heart goes out to those who flew over. fair play to you all.
    I've pretty much given up on this version of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
    Nothing will change until there's a complete overhaul from top to bottom.
    Just try and not let them upset you too much. it's just not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 The Lilywhite

utter rubbish again, but no surprize.
    didn't watch or listen to it, went out for a walk instead.
    came home and discovered another very predictable cr@p result
    heart goes out to those who flew over. fair play to you all.
    I've pretty much given up on this version of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
    Nothing will change until there's a complete overhaul from top to bottom.
    Just try and not let them upset you too much. it's just not worth it.

I know what you're saying, I just watched the game on Sky Sports, we were total and utter cr*p and it breaks my heart but I seriously think were f*cked and we will be relegated

Another very poor performance.
    It cant get much worse lads, Im totally gutted by the start to the
    season.
    Just reading this morning that it would cost us 15 million if he was sacked, laughable is'nt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Another very poor performance.
    It cant get much worse lads, Im totally gutted by the start to the
    season.
    Just reading this morning that it would cost us 15 million if he was sacked, laughable is'nt it.

what???
    that is madness....
    all you have to do is look at his record for other managerial posts n he has had quite a few one or 2 years at clubs n then moved on! to have a payoff like that is just poor on levys hand n argues over a mill for arshavin and prob the same with berbatov! thats bad business mr levy imo!

on the plus side at least if they do give him the bullet levy gets it in the @rse:D

keane=cock wrote: »
    what???
    that is madness....
    all you have to do is look at his record for other managerial posts n he has had quite a few one or 2 years at clubs n then moved on! to have a payoff like that is just poor on levys hand n argues over a mill for arshavin and prob the same with berbatov! thats bad business mr levy imo!

on the plus side at least if they do give him the bullet levy gets it in the @rse:D

No mate, we get it in the ar$e, as that is 15mil less we have to spend on players:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

keane=cock wrote: »
    what???
    that is madness....

If he is sacked he is entitled to the remainder of his contract as compensation, so the remaining 2 and a bit years at £6m a year.

If he is sacked he is entitled to the remainder of his contract as compensation, so the remaining 2 and a bit years at £6m a year.

Your right of course the 5m a year was with bonuses - It could even be less than 6m as I am sure there are clauses in the contract for under achieving, and penalties for quiting etc - This is not about the money, If Levy wanted to fire him, he could and would, it is about saving face - He will NEVER admit he was wrong on this one (well never say never, will would have to loss a good few more though). He will give Camolli the bullet and make him the scapegoat (no harm as far as I am concerned) - Levy has a lot he is responsible for, but he is hardly going to sack himself is he. If we loose at Stoke I think Canolli will be gone next day:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

John W wrote: »
    This is not about the money, If Levy wanted to fire him, he could and would, it is about saving face - He will NEVER admit he was wrong on this one

If he doesn't he could be saving £15m to lose another £100m when we go down.

Advertisement