Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snappin Turtle(common)

Options
  • 03-10-2008 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

How are thing i have a snapping turtle about 5 06 inches in diameter.I have him a year and is perfectly healthy big turtle...Just looking for pointers from other owners or people with a vast knowledge on food,Tanks etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

try the irish reptile community. http://www.reptile-community.com/smf/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

mind your fingers with that one lol no really they can break a finger easily from what ive heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

mind your fingers with that one lol no really they can break a finger easily from what ive heard.

From what I've heard a large common snapping turtle can have your hand off

That's nothing

A large alligator snapper could have your hand or your foot

Demonique wrote: »
    From what I've heard a large common snapping turtle can have your hand off

That's nothing

A large alligator snapper could have your hand or your foot
    prosthetics for everyone lol

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dohc

Yeah it a bit of a mad one alright,i have a pair of welding gloves that i have to wear when picking him out of the tank to clean it,which takes roughyly 30 mins to just pick him up cause he keeps snapping ill stick up a pic for you he is 8 months old

• Advertisement

dohc wrote: »
    Yeah it a bit of a mad one alright,i have a pair of welding gloves that i have to wear when picking him out of the tank to clean it,which takes roughyly 30 mins to just pick him up cause he keeps snapping ill stick up a pic for you he is 8 months old
    Id love to see the pic. Ive not been around many snappers, ive mainly dealt with small furries lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dohc

My snapper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bikki

thats pretty cool looking

Advertisement