Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone identify this pest?????

Options
  • 03-10-2008 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Can anyone help me here? My Basil, chillis and Geraniums have all been covered by tiny little white specks. All these plants are indoors by the way. I attached a photo so that you might be able identify them? What are they and how do I get rid of them? Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

They are greenfly/aphids.
    The geranium may be moved to a garage or shed for a few days to allow you spray it with a greenfly spry from you local garden centre.
    As you will be eating the basil and chillis, I suggest you instead spray them with soapy water from an atomiser.
    Or else, holding the soil inside the pot, plunge the plants foliage into a bucket of soapy water every few days until the infestation is gone.
    Don't forget to give the plants a liquid feed to perk them up after this setback.

Advertisement