Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can anyone recommend a tire dealer?

Options
  • 03-10-2008 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Anyone know a decent tire merchant who is well priced in the co. dublin, co kildare area?

I had a look at eiretyres.com but their prices seem quite high. For eagle F1's they are looking for €170+ each while in the UK they are less than £80 each. I know i'll probably end up paying more over here but hopefully not that much more.

cheers

rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

rob880616 wrote: »
    Anyone know a decent tire merchant who is well priced in the co. dublin, co kildare area?

I had a look at eiretyres.com but their prices seem quite high. For eagle F1's they are looking for €170+ each while in the UK they are less than £80 each. I know i'll probably end up paying more over here but hopefully not that much more.

cheers

rob

Can I recommend Dave McCanns in Blanchardstown. Always a top bloke and his prices are keen too. Call him for a quote

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Well,

You should try www.camskill.co.uk . You will need to find a fitter after that but you would have to do that with eiretyres as well. Don't know of any fitters in dublin but maybe someone else can help there.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

also have used camskill and find their prices much better that eiretyres

I have used a guy in Maynooth recently to fit the tyres (€15 each including disposal of old tyre)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

I always use Mc Quaid tyres in Monaghan. he has a huge operation and is a distributor for many brands including Vredestein and is always the cheapest by quite some margin....could be worth a call

• Registered Users Posts: 10,017 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

cheers

rob

Hi Rob,

with the favourable exchange rate, I'd definitely consider going north of the border for supply & fitting ( if it was a viable option for you)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

Mike2006 wrote: »
    Well,

You should try www.camskill.co.uk . You will need to find a fitter after that but you would have to do that with eiretyres as well. Don't know of any fitters in dublin but maybe someone else can help there.

Mike.

+1

I just bough two Bridgstone F1's there for what worked out to be €100 each including delivery. as I bought 4 federal's for my oul lad at the same time 45€ and he footed the postage of £15

So if your buying off them note there is a flat rep ireland shipping fee of £15.

Had them within two days as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

cheers

rob
    PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 rob880616

thanks all. going through all recommended routes and will see what i come up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

I know dave well, he is offering me f1's for my car for 155 a piece inc fitting.Now that is not bad at all. I asked another crowd and they said 225 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭frag4

I too recomend www.camskill.co.uk .
    they are doing a great deal on goodyear eagle f-1's at the moment.
    I think goodyear have a new f-1 out and these are last of the stock

• Advertisement
Advertisement