Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Accord Euro R question

Options
  • 03-10-2008 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a quick query about the 03-07 Accord euro r
    I have been looking at a few on carzone etc and noticed that the Speedo only goes to 180km/h, whats up with that are they limited ?
    If so can it be 'turned off' ?

Appreciate any help, cheers

eg
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Honda/Accord/MUGEN-EURO/1218258/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a quick query about the 03-07 Accord euro r
    I have been looking at a few on carzone etc and noticed that the Speedo only goes to 180km/h, whats up with that are they limited ?
    If so can it be 'turned off' ?

Appreciate any help, cheers

eg
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Honda/Accord/MUGEN-EURO/1218258/

Yes mate, all cars coming in from Jap Land are factory limited at 180kmph. This can of course be taken off, with an Apexi RSM €250 OR if you are going to mod the car, a new ECU will do the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

max limit in this country is only 120klms

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

max limit in this country is only 120klms

He might be thinking of a trip to the Nurburgring.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

Dont let it put you off them. That limiter may save your licence one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

FOGOFUNK wrote: »
    Dont let it put you off them. That limiter may save your licence one day.

Exactly what i was thinking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

All JDM imports are limited to 180km,if you wish you can delimit one easily with the likes of a hks sld or apexi rsm.

Dont let the limit put you off them though,go and drive one there a great car.

EDIT - The one in the link you posted has an rsm so its most likely delimited.That car is identical to my one and came in on the same boat,i actually was bidding on it in japan and lost out by €100,if your thinking of buying it theres room for haggle in the price anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 47 xavierg

isnt the speed limit at the most 120 kph? listen to the others not only will it save your license. it just may save your life..:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

xavierg wrote: »
    isnt the speed limit at the most 120 kph? listen to the others not only will it save your license. it just may save your life..:):):)

didnt they make some zones in dublin go from say 100 to 120 kph or something liek that and add 10 kph on the 120 ?? heard it on the radio a few weeks ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I was looking at these a year ago thinking "No one will be looking for them over here yet, they should be cheap enough.."
    How wrong I was! They're a class car alright, but they're outrageous money. You'd buy a normal 2 litre in the same year for probably around 10k, and with the 13k change that'd leave you with a hell of a lot of room for modifying! You'd almost buy a normal one and send it back to Mugen for upgrading for the price of a Euro R.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

xavierg wrote: »
    jesus would ya let him away with it, if he wants to do it let him
    weve all heard it
    he drives she dies etc etc

but you telling him isnt going to stop him so dont waste youre breath

he might be going on track days or the autobahn

anyway if you crash at 179kmph youre fecked, at that stage what does the difference between 190 and 180 matter
    sometimes just knowing that it can do that is enough

theyre limited in japan because of a law not because theyre not able to achieve it........much like the germans are now doing

but of course all citizens must obey the law as I do because the speed limits on Irish roads are very suitable :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

god thought i stumbled into the motors section for a second :rolleyes:

they are a class car, becoming very popular and the limiter can be removed easily for those trips to the ring and the odd track day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Don't worry people the only reason I wanted to know about the delimiting function was that if I was going to buy one and spent that much money on a 5 year old car I would deffo bring it to germany for a road trip (a waste not to imo) Friend went to Nurburgring and I have heard great stories
    The limiter speed would be just fine in Ireland and besides imo most of the fun of V-tecs is in acceleration not top line speeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭AmyG

As many people said they are gone very popular seeing alot around, an they nice to drive, but you would def have to bring it to germany to get her some good use...
    They are a lovely car to drive and alot of fun :D
    And i know for a fact the limiter can be taken off:D:D:D

Have you decided on what your going to do?

Advertisement