Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metadata - do you still get CMS users to fill it in?

Options
  • 03-10-2008 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭

I'm just reviewing an old CMS system I have in place. There is a facility for adding meta keywords, descriptions etc. which some users fill in diligently and others rarely look at. I know that Google does not place great emphisis on metdata these days and it has become a little...'unfashionable'.

Do you guys still see the manual entry of metadata as an essential part of a CMS or is it largely unnecessary?

Personally I think entering metadata would be best practice, if only for internal search engines, future-proofing etc. On the other hand it does complicate the CMS experience.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

We still recommend they do it, our clients are similar to yours in that some do and some don't.

I would leave it in as I think it's still best practice for now too.

Advertisement