Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC or 360

Options
  • 03-10-2008 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

Should I get these for the PC or 360?

Left 4 Dead
    Fallout 3
    Dead Space

I have a decent enough PC (8800GT, 4x2.8MHz, 4gb RAM) for them. What system would you get them for and why?

I have a feeling most will say PC, but I just want to hear the opinions.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Dead space looks more suited to the 360 controller tbh, and possibly Fallout 3 (it's not a standard run and gun FPS, so might end up working better on a pad)

Left 4 dead is definitely one for the mouse+ keyboard combo though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

PC Ftw.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

tman wrote: »
    Dead space looks more suited to the 360 controller tbh, and possibly Fallout 3 (it's not a standard run and gun FPS, so might end up working better on a pad)

Bear in mind the corded 360 pad works with XP/Vista PC's (and I'd hazard a guess could be got to work with older/non MS OSes fairly handily).

Unless its a mates around+beers style game I'd usually rather have the PC version tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Won't 360 controllers work on 'Games for Windows'?
    That said are Fallout & Dead Space GfW titles?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

+1 for PC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Thanks, I didn't think of the possibility that the 360 pad might be easier to use.

Will Left 4 Dead come out on Steam the day of release?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

grizzly wrote: »
    Thanks, I didn't think of the possibility that the 360 pad might be easier to use.

Will Left 4 Dead come out on Steam the day of release?

left 4 dead is a valve game, it'll be on steam and id be very surprised if you cant pre load a few days before and start playing once it hits midnight in america.
    i dont know how multiplayer works on the 360 but with steam groups and friends and all that id say go with the pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

grizzly wrote: »

imo a controller works well with racing\fighting\football games. Everything else is superior with a mouse\keyboard combo so stick to the PC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

always pc, except for fighting,driving games for me

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

L4D - shouldn't need an answer to this.

Fallout 3 - pc.

dead space - pc with controller if you prefer that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

All on PC unless you have friends that have a 360 but not a powerful enough PC to play Co-Op L4D on. Then go with the 360 for that Obv. All the rest are Single Player so you should get them on PC.

Advertisement