Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yet another Dole Question

• 03-10-2008 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I hope you can help.

My Wife got Non-Voluntary redundancy 5 weeks ago, she applied for the Social Welfare straight away. She has worked solidly for the last 13 years in an office job. I can't get over the attitude of the people in the dole office, the way she has been treated is down right criminal. I know they are meant to try and prevent you from claiming but in fairness its the first time she has applied for it.

Anyway, my point is that she has filled out the forms, and submitted 3 job applications. They have told her that everything seems to be in order and that she qualifys for allowance. Can anyone explain to me then, what the hold up is. Is this a common occurance when claiming.

Best Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭patpark121

usually shouldn't take this long. I assume the RP50 and all was submitted..Not trying to defend the social or anything, but there may just be a backlog for application processing at the minute. Seeing as the only places getting busier are the social welfare offices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭ranger4

patpark121 wrote: »
    usually shouldn't take this long. I assume the RP50 and all was submitted..Not trying to defend the social or anything, but there may just be a backlog for application processing at the minute. Seeing as the only places getting busier are the social welfare offices.
    They are very lucky to have a job, They should try and imagine what it would be like on the other side of the counter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

mine took 4 or 5 wks to cum through,you get a letter in the post telling you when you claim your first payment and she'll get back pay for the 5wks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

emm,as their workload has increased by over 50% in the last year with no extra staff they might be a bit busy.Peolple have no idea what workers in local offices have to put up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Sheena K

Ive heard that from so many people and when I was applying for disability they were awful to me too.

I knew a girl who worked for the social welfare and she said when it comes to the dole they are hard on people who come looking for it after working because they dont want you to end up like so many just on the dole for years.

She toild me that her superviser wopuld tell them that if someone comes in and has been working make sure they know that not working isnt an option.

It isnt really fair, I mean if you have the stamps you've a right to the welfare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Suicide Jockey

The attitude of some of the people working in the social office is a disgrace. If she has worked straight for 13 years and goes down to the dole office they should have a little respect for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Just because people work and pay stamps, it does not mean they are entitled to "the dole". There are other conditions also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Thanks for the advice, she actually got approved on friday when she went to complain about it. I guess its a case of whoever shouts the loudest gets heard the most!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

The atitudes make me sick too , typical from the job for life public sector

Advertisement