Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus to San Francisco

Options
  • 03-10-2008 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, does anyone know what the in-flight entertainment is like on the Dublin to San Francisco route? Is there personal tv screens or just drop down screens?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Search this forum, there must be hundreds of threads on it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

As far as I know there's 5 planes that do this route and 2 of them have the small screens in the back of the seats. The other 3 only have the shared screens (this might have changed, someone can correct me if it has. I also heard that the remaining 3 will be fitted with individual screens next year?).

The last time I flew dub-sfo and back (january) I got really lucky.

On the way there the plane had individual screens with a few channels that you can flick through (though you can't pause or choose a show or movie, just change channels that have stuff playing on them already if that makes sense). I think that plane was St. Keeva / Caoimhe.

On the return flight we got St. Columba / Colum which was great. You can choose from plenty of tv shows and movies and play and pause them as you like.

You should be able to tell what you'll get when the plane is at the gate, if it's either of those count yourself lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

This has info on each of the planes, but its just luck really. Even if one of the planes with individual screens does this route every flight, it may not be the day you travel due to servicing, etc...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

noblestee wrote: »
    This has info on each of the planes, but its just luck really. Even if one of the planes with individual screens does this route every flight, it may not be the day you travel due to servicing, etc...

This is a good link. You will be on one of the following -LAX,-EWR,-DAA or -DUO. SO you have a 50% chance of a PTV and a 25% chance of AVOD.
    EI-DUZ usually operates the SNN-DUB-ORD route so is uncommon on the LAX or SFO routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I flew DUB to SFO in April/May of this year and they had the personal tv screens with pause functions etc... Pretty decent service..

• Advertisement
Advertisement