Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Terryland !

Options
  • 03-10-2008 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

what the story with it ? the food section i mean. It utter crap. Its understocked, never has any good deals on, and the staff are all around 80 years old and half blind, No fresh foods. the fruits veg section is crap, the check out are rediciously slow, the bread is stale that fresh meats are not fresh at all .
    It used to be hard to navigate around but lately they reorganised the place and it even worse, if you go in there in the evening there nothing but people walking around scratching there heads looking for stuff.
    Worst 'super' market ever
    I find tesco has a supreme selection and is much much cheaper too
    Rant over
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I think ive got a solution.

Go to tescos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

I usually do. but ocassionally traffic dictates i go to dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Notch000 wrote: »
    I usually do. but ocassionally traffic dictates i go to dunnes

Eh? Does your car not turn left like all the other cars?

I go to Tesco in Claremorris, I fill up with cheap petrol and I don't have to do my shopping surrounded by pikies...

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Eh? Does your car not turn left like all the other cars?

He turns right twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

I agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

what the story with it ? the food section i mean. It utter crap. Its understocked, never has any good deals on, and the staff are all around 80 years old and half blind, No fresh foods. the fruits veg section is crap, the check out are rediciously slow, the bread is stale that fresh meats are not fresh at all .
    It used to be hard to navigate around but lately they reorganised the place and it even worse, if you go in there in the evening there nothing but people walking around scratching there heads looking for stuff.
    Rant over
    thanks

So, do you enjoy working in Tesco?
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Tesco & Dunnes are pants. Lidl & Aldi ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

big b wrote: »
    So, do you enjoy working in Tesco?
    :pac:

With it's generous wage structure, culture of promotion and training, generous holidays, respect for employees and its dedication to maintaining a friendly working environment in which everyone prospers, who wouldn't enjoy working with Team Tesco.

Tesco, your partner in helping you achieve your true potential. Apply now!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bonzodog

Try Dunnes Knocknacarra, the new store next to B & Q.
    I still shop there myself, and find it to be one of the better ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Rant over
    thanks

ya the place really went downhill after i stopped working there a few years back. Looks like they still have not recovered from the loss of such a great employee.

I ruled the dairy section. It was my own little kingdom. haha!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

The difference between Dunnes in Terryland and Dunnes in Edward sq is insane. Even as a worker. I worked in Terryland last christmas and the staff were all a bit strange. Edward square was great though, we had a great laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Gypo

I have only one complaint with Dunnes Terryland - for the love of God please buy more...

27120.jpg

They are always out! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Tesco & Dunnes are pants. Lidl & Aldi ftw.

Where else can you buy good Lithuanian screws.Aldi is on the rise folks
    (Cue evil cackle):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Bonzodog wrote: »
    Try Dunnes Knocknacarra, the new store next to B & Q.
    I still shop there myself, and find it to be one of the better ones.

Agreed. And it's open 'til midnight too.

Gypo wrote: »
    I have only one complaint with Dunnes Terryland - for the love of God please buy more...

27120.jpg

They are always out! :mad:

Blakes Tavern across the road in the shopping centre have Bavaria at €3 a pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Gypo

Blakes Tavern across the road in the shopping centre have Bavaria at €3 a pint.

Nice, but carrying 6 of them home would be a diaster tbh - spillage and all that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

i dont work in tescos or any other supermarkets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Rant over
    thanks

I agree -
    understocked on fruit (only at night after it's all been sold - I'd say the reason for this is that Dunnes seems to have much less night-time shoppers than Tesco) and some precooked.
    checkout slow including not having enough checkouts open.

I disagree -
    Never has any good deals on.
    Alot of the staff are young rather than being 80 as you say.
    Half blind? - never had one bump into me.
    Never got any stale bread.
    Meat counter is fresh from my experience. Try the marinated fillets - very nice.

Overall though tesco is better. Bigger (meaning more selection), brighter, newer, gives a better feeling of being cleaner (probably due to being newer).
    Dunnes needs a big overhaul and an extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭scary_tractors

Notch000 is dead right. Dunnes Terryland is terrible. Fruit and veg are shocking there and they keep moving stuff around - often even the staff don't know where everything is. The last three times I was there, all about 2 weeks apart, it looked like there was a huge stocktake or something going on, it was so messy.

That said I'm not a big Tesco fan either: Aldi all the way! It's great and open til 9... if you're a foodie Aldi has almost everything you'll want.

Advertisement