Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health, Fitness and weight loss

Options
  • 03-10-2008 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭

Just another log to try and instill some will power.

Goals

excercise daily
    Lose 3 Stone in weight.
    Cut down on ciggerrettes.
    Eat more healthily.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Juran

hi,

I have the same goal .. 4 stone to lose. I started 2 weeks ago and so far so good. I used to be very fit & thin, toned etc... but last 4-5 years it all went out the window ... New house, renovations & DIY, busy work schedule, doing a Masters part time etc ... so its time now to get back to my old self and back into all my nice clothes!!
    Am swimming 3 times a day .. 30 mins each session (morn, lunch time and eve), power walking 1-2 hours at night (hope to get up to jogging speed soon) I have gone to the gym twice but hate it .. so will concetrate on swimming & outdoor walks .. also i have give up carbs, processed food & alcholo. No red wine will kill me, but it'llb be worth it. Plan is to reach my goal by end April 2009. Less than 2 weeks in and i feel so much better. Will weight myself once a month ....
    Best of luck with it ... I know how hard it is ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

Hey Thanks for the reply Juran.

I love the swimming myself as well but an old Shoulder injury sometimes reoccurs and I have to stop. So it will be a combination of swimming and excercise bike. Even though I dont like the excercise bike I can stomach it with a DVD playing in the background. Ill let ye know how I get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

SO an update to thread.

Excercise has been going very well, Swimming everyday. Was only able to swim 6 lengths with breast stroke before, Now seem to be able to go on forever. Still trying to master the front crawl, I can manage 2 lengths before I drown from a combination of breathing wrong and bad technique. Might think about getting lessons to learn front crawl.

Diet has improved alot but that woudnt be very hard, considering what I ate before eek:. Still loads of work to be done. Hopefully I can keep it going and improve! Another thing must watch my appetite after a swimming session!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Nice one Ian, good luck with your new regime!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stipes212

SO an update to thread.

Excercise has been going very well, Swimming everyday. Was only able to swim 6 lengths with breast stroke before, Now seem to be able to go on forever. Still trying to master the front crawl, I can manage 2 lengths before I drown from a combination of breathing wrong and bad technique. Might think about getting lessons to learn front crawl.

Diet has improved alot but that woudnt be very hard, considering what I ate before eek:. Still loads of work to be done. Hopefully I can keep it going and improve! Another thing must watch my appetite after a swimming session!

thats the problem, after exercise we're famished.
    an apple or banana will kill them hunger pangs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement