Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FOUND DOG

Options
  • 03-10-2008 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

FOUND

Image048.jpg

Male Terrier, maily white with black spot on back and dark markings on face. Approx 10 yrs, no collar/ID.

First seen in daytime Thursday (Sept 25th) on Wellpark Road near Cluain Mhuire, GMIT.

We saw him hit by a car late Thursday night (Sept 25th) and he spent the weekend in Ark Veterinary. I believe his pelvis is fractured.

We've had him at home since Monday (Sept 29th). His movement is limited but he's getting more active daily and seems in high spirits although I'm sure he misses home.

Please let me know if you have any info.

Lisa on 085 xxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Can't help you with the owner, but well done on taking him in & looking after him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

big b wrote: »
    Can't help you with the owner, but well done on taking him in & looking after him.
    yeah fair play to you :)
    poor thing, have you contacted the pound and gspca to let them know
    you have it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Gypo

Well done OP - always nice to see a act of kindness like that.

As well as ringing the GSPCA and pound, you could also try leaving your number and a description with Galway Bay and placing an ad on lostandfound.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Fair dues for all you've done.

Galway Advertiser and Galway Bay FM put infree ads for us when we found a dog before (which we ended up adopting!). Might be worth giving them a ring on 091-530900 (or email info@galwayadvertiser.ie with the picture; they might stick it in Pet Corner, too)and 091-770000 respectively. Make sure to mention it's to go under dog found.

Galway Independent charged for an ad.
    The GSPCA will put up a picture in their office (and I think on their website). 091-563631.

The Pound is also very helpful. 091-757094.

You could also try MADRA (Mutts Anonymous Dog Rescue & Adoption) www.madra.ie.

Good luck finding it's owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm probably gonna get in trouble for this one:

dogfoundvw0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Left

Thanks all. I've covered all the bases. My own dog is known to disappear occasionally so I've got all the local numbers on speed dial :)

Got a tip last night from someone who'd seen a poster in Loughrea but alas, that one had already made it home. So The search continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Maybe you should post a similar thread on the boars.ie Animal and Pets section ?

Fair play for rescuing him and looking after him ! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

That dog looks very well looked after, he's even got his own basket.

Does he want to go home? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Does it take long to train Terriers to fight? If not, I'll take him. He's for....uh...my daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Left

err...it wasn't actually his basket, to begin with anyway. Aside from hording toys, he gets on pretty well with our other dog :) And he's definitely starting to regain his energy.

Not a word so far though, so I'm bumping this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Try puttin a advert in the renmore seagull,
    silly mag that goes around renmore,prob circulated by the buddy club but worth a go

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Hairdo

Fair play is right OP.

I found a dog before and Galway Bay FM made the pooch famous (they announced it every single hours for a week more or less!)and after about a week I found the owners. I was sad to see him go but he was happy to see his mammy and daddy when they arrived for him!

I'd definitely recommend GBFM, they are very good for things like this.

Advertisement