Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Civic Bulbs

Options
  • 03-10-2008 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Could anyone tell where I might get bulbs for the speedometer and climate control for a 95 Honda Civic LSI. I'm fairly sure they are called #24 and #74's. I need roughly five 24's and three 74's. I replaced a few of these before but must have been the wrong type/rating as it's is still hard to see what speed I am travelling at! Are LED's available as they have longer life span but again not sure about the power rating required?
    Many thanks.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Main Honda dealer would be your best bet. Failing that, buy a second hand instrument cluster and take the bulbs out of it!

I had a similiar problem before and replaced with spurious bulbs, very poor quality compared to the ones that came out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

Thanks Captain..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

I'd try and stick LEDs in it if at all possible. Better light and longer life.

Thanks eringobragh, any idea where I might get them other than Main dealer? I would prefer to get the LED's but am unsure of the wattage to use and no point in spending extra money on LED's that pop after a few hours of use. I want to get it right this time as I hate taking out the complete dash! If unsure I will take Captains advice and go to the main dealer.
    Help much appreciated!

Lanshane wrote: »
    Thanks eringobragh, any idea where I might get them other than Main dealer? I would prefer to get the LED's but am unsure of the wattage to use and no point in spending extra money on LED's that pop after a few hours of use. I want to get it right this time as I hate taking out the complete dash! If unsure I will take Captains advice and go to the main dealer.
    Help much appreciated!

Well the LEDs will use a significantly less draw than the standard filament type bulbs and give greater light in most scenarios (They also have a longer life) Ask on line civic forums i'm sure there a guide to which ones to use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

im about to replace my own, im looking for LEDs too ill let you know how i get on i got LEDs from a guy in the states and im waiting to hear from him if he can get me the ones for the dash, only cost €10 for 10 LEDs (different type)

just been sent this http://autolumination.com/74.htm lots of options there, good luck with yours :D

Yes I was looking at that site also for new LED's. Rang the main dealer and was quoted €7 a bulb(not LED) excl VAT!! That site in the states looks like the solution. Cheers for your help.:)

Lanshane wrote: »
    Yes I was looking at that site also for new LED's. Rang the main dealer and was quoted €7 a bulb(not LED) excl VAT!! That site in the states looks like the solution. Cheers for your help.:)

****in hell!! Thtas pretty steep.

Yeah sure you may as well give them a whirl. I intend changing mine to LEDs when mine go.

no bother ill be ordering mine in the next few days ill let you know how i get on, just got some 501 LEDs today but i dont think they fit in the dash, i might have a better option for you but im just waiting to hear back so dont go ordering yet ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement