Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a new shop in Dun L today...

Options
  • 03-10-2008 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hey lads,

Just a small note here; came across a small shop called "New Paddy Electronics" in Dun Laoghaire today. They apparently have been open for just a week. They were selling desktop RAM at just less then half the price the CompuStore (or whatever the name was) was. Quite impressed at first hearing it. They are just on Convent Rd; basically go straight when your coming out of the Dun L Cinema and follow it till you hit the street and it should be on your left. Google maps coordinates: 53.292271,-6.137023

Would like to hear other's opinion on this place, was planning to use it for most of my hardware needs if the prices carried over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Walked by it today on the way to the bookshop. Didn't that place used to be an antique shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Well, if you were comparing computore RAM prices to "New paddy electronics" prices, Id sure hope it was more expensive in compustore seeing as tho compustore shut down several years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Adam_K

No need to act like a smart-alec...

Anyone who lives in Dun L will know what I mean, and its them im asking.

Otherwise, yea; I think it used to be an antique shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Adam_K wrote: »
    No need to act like a smart-alec...

Anyone who lives in Dun L will know what I mean, and its them im asking.

Otherwise, yea; I think it used to be an antique shop.

And there is no need to be rude. ;)

I gave you my opinion on what you considered to be good value for RAM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Adam_K

"Well, if you were comparing computore RAM prices to "New paddy electronics" prices, Id sure hope it was more expensive in compustore seeing as tho compustore shut down several years ago."

The only comment that was rude in this entire thread was that... If you can't see it, then its your problem; I can only point it out for you.

Rude on my part would of been to call you a smart alec and not point out that you were acting like one ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Adam, what sort of price were the new store charging for say, 2GB of generic pc6400?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Give them a ring to ask them. No business pimping here thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement