Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can this be done?

Options
  • 03-10-2008 1:51pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want to set up a blog for something I am doing internally in work. I work for a large software company, and Blogging policy says that if I am to have a blog it has to be hosted internally, within the firewall etc. However the internal blogging software they use is totally pants.

What I was thinking of doing, is getting up my own blog using wordpress - but I would need to host it internally. Getting access to servers etc is a nightmare, so is it possible to host it on my actual pc?

What would I need to do this?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You would need server software, a Wordpress installation, and the DNS servers pointed to your PC which would need either dynamic DNS software or a static IP address. Not to mention clearance from IT to be able to get all of that set up in the first going down.

It would be easier to suck it down and use the existing internal setup, IMO.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yes you're probably right! Ok cheers Aidan

Advertisement