Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sadistic boy, 7, feeds live reptiles to crocodile

Options
  • 03-10-2008 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭

By Rebekah Cavanagh
    October 03, 2008 07:05am

PARENTS of a seven-year-old who fed lizards to a crocodile during a reptile park break-in are likely to face civil action.

The boy broke into a Northern Territory reptile farm and sadistically fed a stream of its main exhibits to the resident 3m crocodile.

He also bludgeoned three lizards to death in their pens.

Police cannot charge the boy because of his age, the NT News reports.

But the centre's director Red Neindorf said today he was disgusted by the incident, and vowed to take civil action against the family of the boy, whom he has described as a "ratbag".

"We just want to see some action taken against the people who were in charge of the child, whether it be the parents or the guardian," Mr Neindorf said.

"We want people to know that you just can't go out and do these things ... we just want to see someone take responsibility."

Security camera video footage clearly shows every move of the youngster's 35-minute rampage.

One CCTV image shows him with a big smile on his face as he watches the saltie splash around its pool as it attacks a northern blue tongue lizard.

Security camera video footage clearly shows every move of the youngster's 35-minute rampage.

One CCTV image shows him with a big smile on his face as he watches the saltie splash around its pool as it attacks a northern blue tongue lizard.

The malicious foray happened at the Alice Springs Reptile Centre in broad daylight between about 8am and 8.30am on Wednesday.

Mr Neindorf said the behaviour was "disgusting".

"I'm just devastated at the age of the child and the fact no-one wants to take responsiblity," he said.

"The fact a seven-year-old can wreak so much havoc in such a short time, let alone even think of doing something like this, is unbelievable.

"If it was back in my day he'd get a big boot up the arse."

Mr Neindorf said 10 reptiles - a turtle, four western blue tongue lizards, two bearded dragons, two thorny devils and an adult female Spencer's goanna - were thrown into the jaws of the 200kg crocodile named Terry.

A further three lizards - a blue tongue and two thorny devils - were found dead after being "brutally bludgeoned".

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24439676-952,00.html
    ==========================================

I can't get over the number of morons in the comments section defending the boy's actions, including

and watching a big croc doing what it does best would be great fun for a young fella his age

and I think he is a normal little boy, living in the real world not some imaginary landscape

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

The nicest thing I can say is that the BBC story mentions that he tried to get into the croc enclosure himself(!) so he's probably mentally defective rather than evil.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7649876.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Onikage wrote: »
    The nicest thing I can say is that the BBC story mentions that he tried to get into the croc enclosure himself(!) so he's probably mentally defective rather than evil.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7649876.stm

So what? I'd still have thrown him to the croc if I'd caught him in the act or at least given him a severe thrashing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

The question should be how he was able to do it. Was he left unsupervised for 35 minutes at a reptile farm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭mary123

Killme00 wrote: »
    The question should be how he was able to do it. Was he left unsupervised for 35 minutes at a reptile farm?

Exactly, a 7 yr old is still only a baby, he should not be left out by himself. Has to be something wrong if he could do this.
    1. Where were his parents
    2. How did he get in unnoticed
    3. where has a child this age seen this behaviour?

As for saying he should of been throwing in think that is a bit to much, he is still a child, something has to be wrong a normal child/adult does not act like this. He needs help. Maybe its his parents that needs a thrashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

That child is disturbed. Certainly not your average 7 year old boy anyway.

It doesnt sound like it is the first time he has killed animals. Most serial killers started off killing animals when they were small.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055391264

as i said in the same thread in parenting

so how did he get so close to them in the first place and why wasnt his parents paying any attention... it was a 35 min rampage. Thats neglect and his behavour only reinforces my suspision that the parents are more to blame then the child. "you write on their slate of who they are" to quote dr. phill. Sorry i just had to lol.

So disgusted had to say it twice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

mary123 wrote: »
    Exactly, a 7 yr old is still only a baby, he should not be left out by himself. Has to be something wrong if he could do this.
    1. Where were his parents
    2. How did he get in unnoticed
    3. where has a child this age seen this behaviour?

As for saying he should of been throwing in think that is a bit to much, he is still a child, something has to be wrong a normal child/adult does not act like this. He needs help. Maybe its his parents that needs a thrashing.

I agree, it has to be something Learned... it's just not natural for a kid of that age to be so cruel. If he was of adult age he would be charged and touch wood...doing hard time.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Shocking... absolutely shocking...

Hearing depressing stories like thus really affect me..

This shouldn't have been happened! Where was the security!? If the compound can't keep out a 7yr old boy it's surely useless...

I once owned a Bearded Dragon.. Beautiful, intelligent creatures, capable of love and affection.. To think that two of these friendly and harmless animals met their fate at the hands of this evil being is just heart breaking..

So what if he's a young child! He'll do it again if he thinks he can get away with it!! Why can't mass killings of animals be treated more seriously!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Isn't 7 supposed the age at which children can distiguish right from wrong? Its sick to think that this horrible excuse for a child found absolutley nothing wrong with what he did. Its just a pity he didn't fall in....

DarkJager wrote: »
    Isn't 7 supposed the age at which children can distiguish right from wrong? Its sick to think that this horrible excuse for a child found absolutley nothing wrong with what he did. Its just a pity he didn't fall in....
    This is my point. Yes a "normal" 7 yr old should. There has to be something wrong with him. Isnt now the right time to get him help, before he gets worst.

Also think comments like this if this is what he has to hear is not going to help him.

• Advertisement

mary123 wrote: »
    This is my point. Yes a "normal" 7 yr old should. There has to be something wrong with him. Isnt now the right time to get him help, before he gets worst.
    Yes but he needs to be punished in order to prevent him from doing this kind of thing again. It's common sense. He needs to know what he did was wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Whoever said a 7 year old is only a baby??? You're wrong. I have a 7 year old nephew who could buy and sell us all. That child needs a SERIOUS talking to. He should be made accountable for what he's done wrong. Named and shamed and some form of punishment must be given to him. What a sick little kid to do that. God knows what kind of evil individual he's going to turn out to be if he isn't punished for this. Obviously his parents are accountable but they're not the ones who did this. For all we know they could be lovely people, they just have an evil kid on their hands. Either way it's them that will get the brunt of this as nothing can be done to the little brat probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Why sugar coat it for him Mary?? He should be told exactly what he is and that nothing about what he did is anything more than depraved violence for the sake of it.

If it was my son, he'd be locked up nice and tight in a psych ward now..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Its a shame the croc did not catch the little airhole and eat him slowly eating limb by limb till he met his end. :(
    but not all stories have happy endings.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

MayMay wrote: »
    Whoever said a 7 year old is only a baby??? You're wrong. I have a 7 year old nephew who could buy and sell us all. That child needs a SERIOUS talking to. He should be made accountable for what he's done wrong. Named and shamed and some form of punishment must be given to him. What a sick little kid to do that. God knows what kind of evil individual he's going to turn out to be if he isn't punished for this. Obviously his parents are accountable but they're not the ones who did this. For all we know they could be lovely people, they just have an evil kid on their hands. Either way it's them that will get the brunt of this as nothing can be done to the little brat probably.

Can really tell u aint got kids, i would think a 7 yr old that could buy and sell u as well is not a typical 7 yr old either. When i said a baby didnt mean a Baby baby what i meant was at 7 they should still be under the care of their parents. A 7 yr old should be supervised at all times. What about the dangers of strangers, cars among other things. A typial 7 yr old is usually at this age is still very impressionable, doing what others do. I know my 8 yr old is still learning of me and his siblings so what im trying to say is where did this behaviour come from.
    Yes this child has doing something that if he was an adult i would be saying what u are saying but come on, his a kid. A person is not born evil. And i dont really think this prob the first time he has done something bad like this, so my point is why wasnt something done before now.
    I know if my 8 yr old didnt something like this know matter what it costs i would be doing something. Then again maybe the parents are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

LOL...some absolute tossers on here anyway.

Who. me.

What are you then? Bringing humor into this thread is a bit heartless if you ask me.. Your better off not posting at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

cowzerp wrote: »
    Its a shame the croc did not catch the little airhole and eat him slowly eating limb by limb till he met his end. :(
    but not all stories have happy endings.

http://www.angelfire.com/scary/dougstuff/animation/Rippy_the_Gator.swf

Just a flash animation with a song about Rippy the Gator

Also, more on the story:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article4874657.ece

Apparently his brother took part in an attack on Terry the croc a few years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Sounds to me like the whole family should be fed to the croc!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Duzzie

There is absolutely no excuse for behavoir like this, none at all. No normal kid would behave in such a malicious way, however his parents should shoulder the bulk of the blame. Kids do not act like this with out warning signs.

The zoo should sue the asses off the parents, but unfortunately that will not compensate the loss of the animals, the stress caused to the animals and the stress caused to the people who work damn hard to care for the animals only to see some little brat ruin their hard work.

People really make me sick sometimes, we are meant to be the civillised ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

He's seven, seven year olds are terrors.

Hendrix89 wrote: »
    What are you then? Bringing humor into this thread is a bit heartless if you ask me.. Your better off not posting at all.

Know what else is heartless? Wishing that the kid was eaten by the crocodile.

TelePaul wrote: »
    Know what else is heartless? Wishing that the kid was eaten by the crocodile.
    I didn't say anything like that. I do however believe this child needs to be punished so he's less likely to do this cruel act again. If he doesn't get some discipline more animals will suffer.

I didn't say anything like that. I do however believe this child needs to be punished so he's less likely to do this cruel act again. If he doesn't get some discipline more animals will suffer.

Till he gets bored with animals and moves on to humans. Jeffrey Dahmer started out with animals. His actions were not the actions of a normal 7 year old

But thats the point, his actions arnt normal. so isnt it know that something should be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

I posted on the parenting thread

7 yos believe in Santa and tooth fairies

You guys are unreal - he could have been playing Steve Irwin crocadile hunter.

TG the little guy is safe -the zoo or whatever it is should be closed for its inadequete security- crocs are dangerous.

I grew up in the country and animals have a different place on the foodchain,

Fishing hunting and killing vermin is allowed. So get real.

AS one poster posted on parenting-if the child was injured there would have been different headlines and you would all be moaning about that.

Bet it was one happy croc.:D Maybe if the polar bears in Dublin zoo had got live fish life would have been happier.

Cats all over ireland kill 2 or 3 birds each a month. Lets lock up their owners.

CDfm wrote: »
    I posted on the parenting thread

7 yos believe in Santa and tooth fairies

You guys are unreal - he could have been playing Steve Irwin crocadile hunter.

TG the little guy is safe -the zoo or whatever it is should be closed for its inadequete security- crocs are dangerous.

I grew up in the country and animals have a different place on the foodchain,

Fishing hunting and killing vermin is allowed. So get real.

AS one poster posted on parenting-if the child was injured there would have been different headlines and you would all be moaning about that.

Bet it was one happy croc.:D Maybe if the polar bears in Dublin zoo had got live fish life would have been happier.

Cats all over ireland kill 2 or 3 birds each a month. Lets lock up their owners.

I grew up surrounded by wild animals, snakes, spiders and other creepy crawlies. At no time did I ever think it was ok to act in such a way, but then I was bought up to respect animals. As I said, we are meant to be the civillised ones. Animals dont know any better, we do.

There is no way that a child of that age should have been left un supervised but it is the apparent pleasure that the boy took in his actions that is so shocking. As for playing Steve Irwin, I have never seen any Steve Irwin show that in anyway contains such animal cruilty like this and very much doubt that anyone would get the idea that such behavior is ok from a Steve Irwin show.

I didn't mean to infer that YOU said that. Although such sentiments were expressed by other posters.

• Advertisement

Duzzie wrote: »
    Animals dont know any better, we do.

Not all seven year olds do.

Advertisement