Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sadistic boy, 7, feeds live reptiles to crocodile

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

It doesnt sound like it is the first time he has killed animals. Most serial killers started off killing animals when they were small.

I went fishing at his age and live in Dublin............

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

CDfm wrote: »
    Should we bring in a law for all cat owners to be prosecuted for the birdlife their cats killed. That has about much practical sense of lowering the age of criminal prosecution etc as people are suggesting here.
    I'm sorry but I do not like statements like that. It is natural for domestic cats to hunt, kill and eat small animals like birds/rodents as that is the only way for wild cats to survive in the wild. There is nothing at all wrong what that even though it is unpleasant to most people. It's nature.

You cannot compare a cat killing (and eating) a bird with a child needlessly torturing and killing a mass amount of lizards for nothing but pleasure. That is not natural.

Also while we're on the topic of the prosecution age. Think about this. If a dog (no matter what age) bites a person it is put down. Could be a young puppy incapable of understanding a wrong, it wouldn't matter, if it caused an injury to someone it would be killed. Human dominance over animals at it's best.... Is it fair? No, not in my opinion. I think humans get off easy in comparison don't you think?

Hendrix89 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I do not like statements like that. It is natural for domestic cats to hunt, kill and eat small animals like birds/rodents as that is the only way for wild cats to survive in the wild. There is nothing at all wrong what that even though it is unpleasant to most people. It's nature.

You cannot compare a cat killing (and eating) a bird with a child needlessly torturing and killing a mass amount of lizards for nothing but pleasure. That is not natural.

Also while we're on the topic of the prosecution age. Think about this. If a dog (no matter what age) bites a person it is put down. Could be a young puppy incapable of understanding a wrong, it wouldn't matter, if it caused an injury to someone it would be killed. Human dominance over animals at it's best.... Is it fair? No, not in my opinion. I think humans get off easy in comparison don't you think?
    Hendrix - I thought people would like the comparison and I do miss my cat.

But the area of criminal responsibility of children is a nebulous one.

The only thing Ive picked up from this thread is to tell my kids not to bring home any Animal Rights activists with them - scary ideas about kids.

I know its of topic but before atheism became popular this kind of stuff didnt happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I know its of topic but before atheism became popular this kind of stuff didnt happen.

If it's off topic why did you bring it up?
    How about take it up on the A&A forum or are you afraid you'll receive another infraction for your trolling?

More back on topic, just as a matter of interest, lets just say hypothetically it was your child who did this, how would you go about disciplining him/her?

Also, not sure if it has been mentioned on this thread yet but apparently the zoo is suing the parents for damages.

At 7 I honestly dont know-as this is severe and i dont know the child or the parents - but it would depend on the child and I certainly dont know enough on this case to make sweeping statements as to the child and his welfare

I put the quote in for effect - hope you liked it. Its to reflect a value system more then anything else.

I dont think the zoo will win - I am sure its something they have to do as part of their insurance claim.Standard practice.

I wasnt trolling on A & A . Maybe they are used to people who dont mind seeing their religion slagged of. I dont do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Demonique wrote: »
    So what? I'd still have thrown him to the croc if I'd caught him in the act or at least given him a severe thrashing

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I know its of topic but before atheism became popular this kind of stuff didn't happen.

As an animal & child loving atheist I find this quote to be offensive & so off topic! Lets keep the religious debates to the correct forum please!

Kids of 7 know right from wrong! & this brat should be held accountable! As should his parents!

I have over 200 pets with my birds & reptiles & would attack anyone who hurt my babies! At 3 a child will learn what they can & can't do! What 7 year old would believe its ok to first break into any place & second to kill a heap of reptiles for his/her own amusement?? Incidents like this are thankfully few & far between - there is also a huge like between animal killings & future murderers & serial killers.

Lets play nice guys! What this child/future mass murderer did was heinous but we can not condemn this child to death as he is just a child - hopefully the child will get psychiatric help so that he realises what he has done & never commits another crime like this.

Faye the happy atheist.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I put the quote in for effect - hope you liked it. Its to reflect a value system more then anything else.

As has been pointed out to you on other threads atheists are capable of having morals too.
    Is the boy known to be atheist, or his family for that matter? I'd wager he's from a Christian upbringing (not that I'm suggesting that has anything to do with it mind).
    I wasnt trolling on A & A .

Your infraction says otherwise.

Now on topic:
    I dont think the zoo will win - I am sure its something they have to do as part of their insurance claim.Standard practice.

They may have a case, citing the rarity of many of the specimens. If there is any justice the zoo will win such a case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BeansMeansHynes
    Most serial killers started off killing animals when they were small.

statistically true - i wouldn't like to be any where near this kid anytime in the rest of my life !

Could you give us a link to where you got those statistics?
    Bryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Demonique wrote: »
    So what? I'd still have thrown him to the croc if I'd caught him in the act or at least given him a severe thrashing

You would beat up someone with a mental disability?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Er BryanL there is a huge link between the two

http://fictionway.com/2007/12/09/serial-killer-profiles/

http://www.hsus.org/acf/cruelty/publiced/cruelty_serial_killers.html

http://ezinearticles.com/?Animal-Cruelty:--The-Key-to-Serial-Minds&id=3585

I have been interested in profiling and Forensic Psychology since I was in school, I am nowhere near an expert but there a HUGE link between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Wow. Unbelievable amount of people condemning a 7 year old child! "He's likely to become a serial killer." Unfúcking believable shíte. Cop on, he's a kid trying stuff out. Obviously his parents are responsible for the zoo incident.

I certainly killed (in cold blood) plenty of wasps, bees and other creepy crawlies at that age. Great craic! I haven't followed the seemingly inevitable path of progression to killing people.

Cant believe that someone on here proposed giving the child a good thrashing!

Advertisement