Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silly question about eyebrow piercings.

Options
  • 03-10-2008 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Hi!

There were some piercings that I always wanted, but something always prevented me from getting them.
    I finally got around to piercing my earlobes extra 4 times in June (still healing).
    The next thing I wanted done is an eyebrow piercing (planning to do it this October while i still have a tenner off voucher).
    I'm getting finished in college and going to be looking for a job around January.
    So the question is...If I'm asked for an interview, are people going to be weird about piercings? I can take my extra ear piercing out handy enough and I have long-ish hair so they won't be really noticeable anyway.
    But what about eyebrow one?
    I'm probably just being paranoid, but I really don't want to be at a disadvantage just because of this.

hope I'm just over thinking it :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

depends on the job I guess. I work in IT, if you came in for an interview dressed smartly with an eyebrow piercing, it wouldn't bother me (used to have one myself).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

tbh wrote: »
    depends on the job I guess. I work in IT, if you came in for an interview dressed smartly with an eyebrow piercing, it wouldn't bother me (used to have one myself).

Substitute teaching, civil service, science-based sort of jobs.

I heard of people putting a plaster over a piercing, but isn't it very obvious?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sligome

my brother had an eyebrow piercing and he had to take it out for his new job and they do grow out too

ebmma wrote: »
    Substitute teaching, civil service, science-based sort of jobs.

I heard of people putting a plaster over a piercing, but isn't it very obvious?

yeah it would be. I can't tell you what the interviewers would think, but if *I* was going for a teaching/civil service job, I'd take the piercing out.

tbh wrote: »
    yeah it would be. I can't tell you what the interviewers would think, but if *I* was going for a teaching/civil service job, I'd take the piercing out.

Thanks a lot for your replies :)

I probably didn't make myself very clear in the original post now that I think of it.

Taking out piercings would be my first choice, but would it have enough time to heal? Say, mid-October to Jan/Feb? I assume it has to be fully healed until I can take it out.

My ears are taking ages to heal :(

• Advertisement

ahhhhh - gotcha. I think my eyebrow took about three weeks or so to heal completely, but Will or one of the other regulars will be able to give you better advice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

As a former civil servant I can tell you that they don't mind piercings at all - nothing was ever said to me about my eyebrow piercing or other piercings, either at the interview or in the time that I worked there, and there was a guy in my office with very visible tattoos. Also, my sister used to work in the civil service in a different department and the guy who interviewed her had numerous facial piercings. So you should be grand with civil service jobs! not too sure about teaching though...

-lala- wrote: »
    As a former civil servant I can tell you that they don't mind piercings at all - nothing was ever said to me about my eyebrow piercing or other piercings, either at the interview or in the time that I worked there, and there was a guy in my office with very visible tattoos. Also, my sister used to work in the civil service in a different department and the guy who interviewed her had numerous facial piercings. So you should be grand with civil service jobs! not too sure about teaching though...

Yay, that's good to know! Thanks :-)

I'd say I'd be better off going to teaching job without piercings...If students aren't allowed, I won't be too :-)

Advertisement