Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Planning Upgrades?

Options
  • 03-10-2008 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Just been on the phone to digiweb when a recorded messaged played saying they are planning future upgrades. Anyone know more details about this? Customer service rep didn't know when or by how much the increases would be.

All i really want is for them to remove the cap (or at least significantly increase it) and speeds can stay the same for me, 30gigs per 30days just isn't enough. Maybe unlimited with a fair usage policy, like ntl.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I would just be happy to get somewhere near the speed i pay for,not alone get an upgrade.My 6meg metro drops speed everyday from lunchtime onwards.i'm lucky to get 1-1.5meg from 6pm onwards.
    I agree with you on the cap,even if it wasn't rolling it would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

1) Rolling cap works best.
    2) No Cap would mean everyone having poorer performance and paying more.

Almost all home products are sold on a contention basis. Comreg allows a maximum of 48:1 which would be about 160kbps on a 6Mbps package.

Unless you pay for a 1:1 contention connection, then you arn't paying for 6Mbps on a 6Mbps package.

You can pay for a larger cap.

Advertisement