Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Website

Options
  • 03-10-2008 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im having an unusual problem with my website.

It works fine if I type in the ip address as the URL but if I type in the domain name it doesn't work.

However, it does seem to work in other countries such as the USA and when I used a site to monitor it it was up and running.

When I check it it says page cannot be found and when I use my mobile broadband it says:

"Access Denied (policy_denied)
    Your system policy has denied access to the requested URL.
    For assistance, contact your network support team."

The website is www.footballtipsfree.com

I contacted support but they said that it was working fine :confused:

What could have caused this? Hackers/Sharks/Competitors?

How do I do a trace of the rout? Anya dvice? :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Have you tried from another network, like work or an internet cafe? If it works on one of those it could just be your broadband provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭vodkadub

Maybe your trying to access it from work, and their firewall policy filters words such as football?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Ive tried access it from work (which is usually fine) and through my mobile broadband but neither works :confused:

Its working fine for me here, so I don't think its anything technical with your site.

Its working fine for me here, so I don't think its anything technical with your site.

Cheers, that is good news at least. thanks :)

Its mind boggling for me. Must be something to do with my laptop, I will clear the cookies and see if that makes a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.footballtipsfree.com

sounds like content filtering to me. Try another location/provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I tried viewing your website but it won't load...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Darragh29 wrote: »

Same here.

Yes, that is the problem that I am having also. Its not content filtering either because the login page doesn't work either. :(

Gareth37 wrote: »
    Yes, that is the problem that I am having also. Its not content filtering either because the login page doesn't work either. :(

Are you sure it isn't a problem with your index page or the extension??? Try renaming your index page temporarily and creating a new index.html page, then just do a simple:

<HTML>
    <BODY>
    Hello world
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

If you can see that, then you know the problem is the index page and not the server or domain set up. etc...

• Advertisement

Are you sure it isn't a problem with your index page or the extension??? Try renaming your index page temporarily and creating a new index.html page, then just do a simple:

<HTML>
    <BODY>
    Hello world
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

If you can see that, then you know the problem is the index page and not the server or domain set up. etc...

Thanks. I tried it but it does not work either.

The hosting company changed the server and IP address this week but everything worked yesterday but not today.

Is there a chance that the server is black listed for spam or something? How do I check it?

Does it work for you?

Its working now OP. Is there any chance the hosting company had the server down today for maintenance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭corkie

You said your host updated the DNS, so it could be that your broadband provider has not updated there DNS servers. Try clearing your cache and check your hosts file on your PC.

Try your broadband on another PC to make sure your browser has not been hacked.

What mobile broadband are you with?

Try opendns instead of your broadband provided DNS servers.

Regards,
    John

P.S. tip: Your home link is pointed to http://www.footballtipsfree.com/index.htm
    when it should be pointed to
    http://www.footballtipsfree.com/index.html

It works now :)

I did delete the cache but since others also had the same problem I assume it was a problem with the hosting company. The weird thing was that it worked for some people and not others.

Anyway I sent the hosting company a good few emails including a link to this thread so maybe they took action.

Im using a 1-Dollar web gosting company which costs $1 per month. That may be the problem. You get what you pay for.

I will change the index page.

Thanks

Interesting. Thanks for the update, keep them coming :)

Advertisement