Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monitoring text messages

• 03-10-2008 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get a transcript of someones text messages? Could I request mine from my network ffor instance? Or is there any type of device I could use to access someones text messages? I am asking for ligit reasons. My daughter is being bullied and I suspect nasty texts. She won't admit it to me but I also think she has been sending inappropriate texts herself.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

No, it's not possible to request them, Best option would be to talk to a garda or teacher, Your daughter is very young, it might be an Idea to get her a firefly mobile until she is a bit older......The amount of filth and abuse i've found on some youngsters phones is shocking.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 saoirsetouch

Is it not possible to get a device which will read information on her sim card. Even deleted messages. Not sure if this is only a myth. I am not sure if meaasges are stored on sim card or on the phone.

There are devies out there but i've never used one....doubt my customers would be 2 happy if they knew I had one.....the temptation would be 2 much:D

I think this is what your after...

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/cellphone-spy-simcardreader.html

I wouldn't buy it as i'm unsure how it would get on with Irish 3G sims from the networks, also on the ad is says something about only being able to read bill pay phones which sounds like utter rubbish....

You need to talk to Sam Vines.....where ever he is, he'd know what to do....

knock, knock, Sam are you out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Is it not possible to get a device which will read information on her sim card. Even deleted messages. Not sure if this is only a myth. I am not sure if meaasges are stored on sim card or on the phone.

These days, I'm pretty sure all phones store them on the phone itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

if you can get your hands on her phone and look around then yes, otherwise no. The networks won't give you a transcript unless the gardai are involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭call d

I got in excess of 600 texts from a guy in north Dublin, he also rang at all hours of the day and night, I contacted the Garda and they told him to "give it up" but I still got them, in the end I had to get a new number but from them I learned that messages are kept for 3 years by the phone companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

call d wrote: »
    I got in excess of 600 texts from a guy in north Dublin, he also rang at all hours of the day and night, I contacted the Garda and they told him to "give it up" but I still got them, in the end I had to get a new number but from them I learned that messages are kept for 3 years by the phone companies.
    They are but a Gardai report would have to be filed first and then they would request the transcript. This is usually only done in the event of a court case.

Advertisement