Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting prices for my home renovation

• 03-10-2008 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭

Excuse my ignorance if I ask a few silly questions here. Recently we have decided that we need to do some renovation work on our family home to improve the insulation and replace a flat roof. Anyway we are taking the opportunity to do other works as well and it looks like a big project. We estimate 12-16 work with us out of the house.

I have engaged an architect who has giving us provisional drawings and schedule of works to allow us to get prices from builders. There are two options and the final decision will depend on how much each option cost. I have sent it out to several builders in my local area (South Dublin) but they say it is too big a job.

My question is, are there any websites out there for tendering for builders to do this work? I know the public sector have a tendering website and I was wondering there was one for members of the public to submit drawings for builders to tender for if they wished.

I have look in the Golden Pages, both online and paper versions, but I am confused who I should be sending the drawings to as there is a lot of buiders out there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

There was a link given to one here recently. If I can find it I will post it up or maybe someone else will post it.

Have a wee look through the "Ideas for reference material" thread which is stickied on the front page. You may find something in that.

Advertisement