Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bosch Engine Diagnostics...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

Hi Darragh,

The KTS is, quality wise, middle of the road among aftermarket scan tools. The best aftermarket tools leave a lot to be desired. By quality I mean the number of systems covered and the depth of that coverage. Its also expensive to maintain as the software updates are required every year otherwise it times out.

Considering Bosch make so many of the control systems used in a huge range of cars most people would expect the Bosch tool to be very good. The reality is that Bosch are tied up by the manufacturers as regards what functionality they can include in their aftermarket software.

In some circles the KTS is known as “the expensive green doorstop”

P.S. Would you not be better joining some of the professional forums to get questions like this answered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

P.S. Would you not be better joining some of the professional forums to get questions like this answered.

Yeah that would make sense! Any recommendations?

Bosch don't seem to have a big penetration in Ireland for this product.

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Any recommendations?

Dealer tools. Cost being the only problem here. You really need to be using them a lot to make them pay.

As regards aftermarket scan tools, they all have strong and weak points. It depends on exactly what coverage you are looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Dealer tools. Cost being the only problem here. You really need to be using them a lot to make them pay.

As regards aftermarket scan tools, they all have strong and weak points. It depends on exactly what coverage you are looking for.

I meant any recommendations on the forums!?! :D:D:D

Silly me :)

I will PM you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement