Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco unveils new eco-store (Tramore)

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

scout353 wrote: »
    Now that things have settled down, the access seems to have improved as the lights sequence has been changed.

Yup, thank god. Why people even waited in the first place was beyond me!
    However I still cannot understand the need for lights there at all - why not a roundabout at Summerhill and again just inside at the next lights - this must be the widest junction in Waterford City or County! You'd fit 3 roundabouts in there!!

From looking at the plans, I think that was the original intention but I guess the council said no. There were a good few restrictions set - bins and lights had to be the same as all around the town for example. Looked like a bit of a battle to get planning. So I guess this was another requirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 sailor_babii

But it looks EXACTLY like any other Tesco except for a few gadgets here and there and timber panel framing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

But it looks EXACTLY like any other Tesco except for a few gadgets here and there and timber panel framing.
    thats where i think your wrong they don,t carry some of the products that you can get in any of the other stores for instants i went up one night to buy a basic thing like bisto and not one on the shelves and a lot of there products on the shelves are out of date by 3 days and they don,t bother to remove em don,t get me started on the staff at the self service check outs grrrrrr i,m about an inch away from goin back to supervalu

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

thats where i think your wrong they don,t carry some of the products that you can get in any of the other stores for instants i went up one night to buy a basic thing like bisto and not one on the shelves and a lot of there products on the shelves are out of date by 3 days and they don,t bother to remove em don,t get me started on the staff at the self service check outs grrrrrr i,m about an inch away from goin back to supervalu

Actually agree with you here. I prefer shopping in Tesco Ardkeen, Tramore store is very poor.

Advertisement