Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galways Best Taxi Company

Options
  • 03-10-2008 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

For me its big o.There always there within 10 minutes and most of the drivers are sound.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

+1

They have more cars than anyone else. That's why they're so quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

kraggy wrote: »
    +1

They have more cars than anyone else. That's why they're so quick.

The only problem is you might meet a driver you really get on with and you might not see him again for about a year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The only problem is you might meet a driver you really get on with and you might not see him again for about a year.
    It's a taxi company, not a dating service.

+1 for Big O from me as well though, I ring them and they already have the full set of directions to my house. Never have to wait more than 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

Robbo wrote: »
    It's a taxi company, not a dating service.

+1 for Big O from me as well though, I ring them and they already have the full set of directions to my house. Never have to wait more than 10 minutes.

They never get a booking wrong either.Galway Taxis would be galways other reliable company.What taxi companys would be best avoided?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭poolfan

anyone ever been on those bike taxis. look like fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

big O
    galway taxis
    and failte are all descent companys.

personally i just stay away from ones that are private. cant trust them. you know your in good hands with the co's above

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

poolfan wrote: »

cant fathem how they're legal. shop street is pedestrianised, and they fly down it knockin' all those poor hen parties to the ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Gypo

Yup, defo Big O for me - living in Sailin, they're often outside my door as soon as I put down the phone! :D I reckon they must be waiting outside the G, but never bothered to find out for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,955 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Pro Cabs are good, and cheaper too, but don't have many cars so sometimes it's a bit of a wait.

Big-O when Pro Cabs are busy.

I don't like the one that has a taxi painted out in an ad for Central Park: the taxi is hideous to look at, and it was expensive. Not sure what company it's from though, so when choosing a taxi from the rank these days, I always go for one that has the company name written in the sign on top. People without the sign just ain't getting my business these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

foxy_19-89 wrote: »
    cant fathem how they're legal. shop street is pedestrianised, and they fly down it knockin' all those poor hen parties to the ground

Godspeed to them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Gypo wrote: »
    Yup, defo Big O for me - living in Sailin, they're often outside my door as soon as I put down the phone! :D I reckon they must be waiting outside the G, but never bothered to find out for sure.

The call system is GPS based.

There's a queue for each part of the city. The job for Sailin will go to the car who has been in the Renmore area the longest. That way the car doesn't have to come from town/Salthill/anywhere else. That's why they're so fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Gypo

kraggy wrote: »
    The call system is GPS based.

There's a queue for each part of the city. The job for Sailin will go to the car who has been in the Renmore area the longest. That way the car doesn't have to come from town/Salthill/anywhere else. That's why they're so fast.

Well that's an interesting post. I knew they had GPS systems, but didn't realise they were that advanced. Cheers for the info dude! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

poolfan wrote: »
    they're free :)

they make money off tips so i was told by one of the drivers.. didnt tip him then :D

Advertisement