Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

RUSH -Snakes And Arrows Live DVD 25th November release

• 03-10-2008 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Ok you rocking Kings/Queens,
    ......the 3 master craftsmen have their Snakes and Arrows tour dvd released next month, looks veryy goood but I would say that!!,,,anyway seems is available in DVD and Blue Ray versions, lots of extra's including close in features on all 3 indivuiduals and their top notch playing techniques for all us musicians to get our teeth into :),,, also some great official bootleg recordings and lots of crazy out take stuff....so should make a heck of a Christmas Pressie....

so go buy me one ya bums ;)

ciao' amigos....Baggio.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Bagging this bad boy on blu-ray methinks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Oh how I'm lookng forward to this one. Actually break a trend of mine and even buy a music dvd myself for once.

P.S they better have the South Park Tom Sawyer intro:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Really looking forward to this. I caught 7 gigs of the Tour, including the two Rotterdam shows that were recorded for the DVD and Toronto in july which aslo had some 3D cameras in action recording.:cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I wonder will the trailer park boys be intricately involved at any stage. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Bagging this bad boy on blu-ray methinks :D

Might hold off myself, and snag the bluray once I get a bluray player (Christmas methinks).

• Advertisement

Might hold off myself, and snag the bluray once I get a bluray player (Christmas methinks).

If your TV is high def, it's well worth it. I got a PS3 during the year and haven't gone back since.

AC/DC Live on blu-ray is awesome btw ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

yeahh Galway Rush maybe get to see you on a few shots of these concerts fame at lastt buddy haah ;)

Baggio wrote: »
    yeahh Galway Rush maybe get to see you on a few shots of these concerts fame at lastt buddy haah ;)

As long as you don't hear my drunken singing.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

Can't wait for this.

Rush DVDs >>>> Any other live DVDs

Whats the tracklist?

Track Listing:

1, Limelight
    2, Digital Man
    3, Entre Nous
    4, Mission
    5, Freewill
    6, The Main Monkey Business
    7, The Larger Bowl
    8, Secret Touch
    9, Circumstances
    10, Between the Wheels
    11, Dreamline

Extras:

What’s Thats Smell (DVD Content)
    2007 Tour Outtakes
    What’s That Smell Outtakes
    FarCry (Alternate cut featuring rear screen footage)
    The Way the Wind Blows (Alternate cut featuring rear screen footage)
    Red Sector A from the R30 Tour

Disc 2:

1, FarCry
    2, Workin’ Them Angels
    3, Armour and Sword
    4, Spindrift
    5, The Way the Wind Blows
    6, Subdivisions
    7, Natural Science
    8, Witch Hunt
    9, Malignant Narcissism - De Slagwerker
    10, Hope
    11, Distant Early Warning
    12, The Spirit of Radio
    13, Tom Sawyer<

Encore:

14, One Little Victory
    15 A Passage to Bangkok
    16, YYZ

Disc 3:

Oh, Atlanta - The Authorized Bootlegs

1, Ghost of a Chance
    2, Red Barchetta
    3, The Trees
    4, 2112/The Temples of Syrinx

• Advertisement

Oh the memories that brings back,i can't believe it's been a full year since the UK gigs.

Here's all the official live DVD's available

Exit...Stage Left
    Grace Under Pressure Tour
    A Show of Hands
    Rush in Rio
    R30: 30th Anniversary World Tour
    Rush Replay X 3
    Snakes & Arrows Live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Anyone have any info on the Rush documentary? I believe it was originally intended to be released around now but its been postponed till next year sometime. Thats the word on the forums but any news releases I can find are well out of date

galwayrush wrote: »
    Oh the memories that brings back,i can't believe it's been a full year since the UK gigs.

Oh please dont say that. If they were to have played a London date one day later, myself and my friends could've seen them and Dream Theater within lik 2 days of each other:O:D Instead, due to their LC, we could only see DT.

Mushy wrote: »
    Oh please dont say that. If they were to have played a London date one day later, myself and my friends could've seen them and Dream Theater within lik 2 days of each other:O:D Instead, due to their LC, we could only see DT.

D.T. I have yet to see, soon i hope, sunday 19th i get to see Porcupine Tree, so with the Pink Floyd reunion not ever going to happen now, that leaves just D.T. left on my wish list.

galwayrush wrote: »
    D.T. I have yet to see, soon i hope, sunday 19th i get to see Porcupine Tree, so with the Pink Floyd reunion not ever going to happen now, that leaves just D.T. left on my wish list.

Damn you with your PT ticket:( Although I will say this, after seeing them in Holland, its gonna be some awesome show.

And DT is just :eek:, pretty much my facial expression when ty started playing. Must get Chaos in Motion DVD now actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

www.rushisaband.com is reporting that a 'Retrospective 3' CD is due for release in december, covering tracks from 'Presto' through to 'Snakes & Arrows'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

and some amazing rumours there about them touring in 09?!!

apparantly Alex Lifeson talked a good bit about it - seems it will be a set list of songs they never played live before,,,their catalogue is soo huge - if anyone could pull it off,,they could!

soo lots to look forward to , apparantly even the shy Neil Peart is on a high with the whole thing going sooo well....oh and dont forget that Buddy Rich memorial concert next saturday 18th october live from New York,, terry bozio, chad smith and top of the bill Neil Peart all on one set,,will be great..its being streamed live and free on www.drumchannell.com.

ciao' amigos...Baggio....

Baggio wrote: »
    and some amazing rumours there about them touring in 09?!!

apparantly Alex Lifeson talked a good bit about it - seems it will be a set list of songs they never played live before,,,their catalogue is soo huge - if anyone could pull it off,,they could!

soo lots to look forward to , apparantly even the shy Neil Peart is on a high with the whole thing going sooo well....oh and dont forget that Buddy Rich memorial concert next saturday 18th october live from New York,, terry bozio, chad smith and top of the bill Neil Peart all on one set,,will be great..its being streamed live and free on www.drumchannell.com.

ciao' amigos...Baggio....

If they are to tour, it better not mean Europe during summer, cos I diont plan to be around this neck of the woods then...but I really can't miss rush. At least my priorities are straight haha.

As for that Buddy Rich memorial:eek::eek::eek:..so watching that

Haha, a 09 Tour means i will be so divorced.:D

This time last year I was on my way to Manchester for EuCon & the gig...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peter1892/1580344203/

• Advertisement

peter1892 wrote: »
    This time last year I was on my way to Manchester for EuCon & the gig...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peter1892/1580344203/

Same here, Manchester was my 4th Gig, then off to Rotterdam from Manchester Airport via Amsterdam for the two Dutch Concerts.:cool:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

peter1892 wrote: »

If the Mothers Of Invention had ever covered Rush thats what Id have expected it to sound like. Class:)

At the risk of sounding too optimistic but...
    Rush for the o2 - 2009?
    It would fill! People would come over from Europe to see that.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding too optimistic but...
    Rush for the o2 - 2009?
    It would fill! People would come over from Europe to see that.

I dont think it'd fill. Make DT and PT support and it'd sell to make Prog Heaven. Would hope they'd play somewhere here, but if they touring and playing places like Wembley Arena, they wouldnt be loving an Irish trip for somewhere like Vicar Street. Unfortunate alright.

Advertisement