Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods on the airsoft forum

Options
  • 03-10-2008 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

I would like to ask a few questions of the power of moderators especially on the airsoft forum, I haven't seen on any other forum here so many threads being shut down, it seems to say the least that they are over eager in laying down the law, there was also the case of a thread a while ago where the OP was banned and the thread locked, now the OP had been warned before about his postings, but when the thread was locked, it was opened by at least 3 times by different mods ( I cannot find the thread now it appears to be deleted that is why I amn't sure of the number of mods) while they all got their digs in at the OP and then shut it down again, now I just cannot understand how this is fair moderation.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I do not have the answers to your questions and don't know what you are talking about.
    I suggest asking the Mods in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Wacko

So mods answer to no one. Thanks for your enlightening answer.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Wacko wrote: »
    So mods answer to no one. Thanks for your enlightening answer.

Considering your lack of information and links above, it's the best I can give you.
    Provide me with links to what eactly you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I would like to ask a few questions
    You didn't ask any questions. What are your questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Wacko

Gordon wrote: »
    You didn't ask any questions. What are your questions?

I thought the question behind my post was obvious, perhaps not. The mods on the airsoft forum, judging by the large amounts of threads on that forum shut down seem to be unduly harsh, contacting the mods in question as Beruthiel suggested obviously isn't going to get me anywhere, so who moderates the moderators ? Also the thread I referred to originally appears to have been deleted however a similar example is here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055373537 the OP very well might have been a troll just looking for an argument but are three moderators really needed here, gandalf closed the issue yet it was opened up twice for two other moderators to get their point across and then closed, so if I or someone else wanted to reply to their claims they could not, so why is this allowed ? I would get banned if I did something like that. Sorry if it this a bit long winded but I do not understand how this is moderate and fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

who moderates the moderators ?
    Everyone. Users, co-mods, cmods, smods, admins and anyone else that gets a say.
    Also the thread I referred to originally appears to have been deleted however a similar example is here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055373537 the OP very well might have been a troll just looking for an argument but are three moderators really needed here
    Sure. Why not? They think that this guy is a complete troll, duplicate account trouble maker, they have banned him for causing problems. My question to you is - why should he get a soapbox to shout about his whims if he has been a consistant troll?
    , gandalf closed the issue yet it was opened up twice for two other moderators to get their point across and then closed,
    Technically it doesn't actually work like that. Moderators can reply to closed threads (only on their own forum). Sometimes they don't realise that a thread is closed because it doesn't make a difference. It looks like other mods have added points and clarification to their stance.
    so if I or someone else wanted to reply to their claims they could not, so why is this allowed ?
    You agree that the OP was a troll looking for an argument so the mods must have been closing the thread to stop the troll looking for an argument. Why is this bad in your eyes?

Your name has not been mentioned so why should you get the chance to reply specifically when nobody else is?
    I would get banned if I did something like that. Sorry if it this a bit long winded but I do not understand how this is moderate and fair.
    How could you get banned if you replied to a closed thread? It can't happen because it's a closed thread. :confused:

Advertisement