Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who are ya?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

which is lookin good for ufc 93:p

Bastard.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

Dragan wrote: »
    Bastard.:pac:

:D:D:D. . . . :cool: cant wait:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

It's a genetic thing, i swear.

LOL ...i even just got a voice mail from a guy saying i was a hard man and he was gonna take it further. God i cannot wait...lol

Btw for anyone who doesnt understand..read my sig while logged in and then the same while logged out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Killme00 wrote: »

Btw for anyone who doesnt understand..read my sig while logged in and then the same while logged out.

I figured it out but it took me a few minutes... in the meantime I was searching for threads where we had both posted in the past too see where I had pissed you off:o

/me tips his hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

woooo232 wrote: »
    I figured it out but it took me a few minutes... in the meantime I was searching for threads where we had both posted in the past too see where I had pissed you off:o

/me tips his hat.

I actually have a voicemail from Silat Liam saying he was going to take it further with boards and asking how much of a hardman i thought i was...LMAO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Killme00 wrote: »
    I actually have a voicemail from Silat Liam saying he was going to take it further with boards and asking how much of a hardman i thought i was...LMAO

Quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

Peter Lavery,one time fighter....now coach/ref/dogsbody.........old man!!!lol
    boss of Kyoujin MMA in Belfast [ well to the best of my ability ]

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

Gary Morris - trained Judo for years upon years and got my dan grading at the tender age of 17....turned to MMA and started off the Paul Cowzer just mixing my judo and the boxing he was teaching me...now im training 6 days a week and fighting very regularly on Irish shows and also have fought in the uk where i will return in the new year also. train with the lads in Rush Fight Academy and so far has done me no wrong whatsoever!!!!!!

Judomad wrote: »
    Gary Morris - trained Judo for years upon years and got my dan grading at the tender age of 17....turned to MMA and started off the Paul Cowzer just mixing my judo and the boxing he was teaching me...now im training 6 days a week and fighting very regularly on Irish shows and also have fought in the uk where i will return in the new year also. train with the lads in Rush Fight Academy and so far has done me no wrong whatsoever!!!!!!

Congrats on the recent win Gary.

Congrats on the recent win Gary.

thanks, ill pm you the youtube link if ya want it!!

• Advertisement

Good man!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

send me that link mate if you will

weemate wrote: »
    send me that link mate if you will

sent to both of you....

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

sent to both of you....

Ahem......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got into martial arts as a kid , i guess like a lot of people because of karate kid movies :D did karate for about 5 years and some judo along with it for around 2 years.

Long story short wrecked both my knees in none martial arts related activities and havent trained in over 10 years, lost interest in the whole thing for years but was at my girlfriend at the time place and she was watching ufc and was a hugh fan of mma which got me into it big time.

These days if it's a fight and it involves more than just boxing ill watch it, every thing from , ufc, strikeforce, exc, pride when it was around , been enjoying some bits of the M-1 challange recently , and caught a few of the Dream events from Japan which havent been bad and who doesn't love Bas Routen on commentary :) not keen on the cage rage events from the UK that where shown on tv over the last few months, the fighers are fine but its the show itself the promoters put on that makes me want to vomit :D

Ahem......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4WmcSWpABQ

jesus, ya'd swear people didnt know how to use yotube haha, now the above saves me having to send it to individuals!!!!!! not great video but you can see how it went....dying to see it when its on the tv, the camera men couldnt have been more on top of ya haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

when is it on TV?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

jesus, ya'd swear people didnt know how to use yotube haha, now the above saves me having to send it to individuals!!!!!!

Jesus, ya'd swear people didn't know how to post youtube clips here, now people don't have to open another browser :P

Great fight Gary. Well done, glad you made the weight in the end.

calex71 wrote: »
    when is it on TV?????

will be on the fight network(sky channel 427) in a few weeks i suppose, as soon as i know when i will post it up here.

oh and thanks Mairt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Hi All,

I'm just a fan of MMA
    Started watching the early UFC videos in college and thought it was great
    Then started watching K1 on Eurosport and Pride on the web
    When UFC went to Bravo it was great and I still follow it as well as trying to watch as much Elite Xc and ShoXc that I can get my hands on
    I have been to 2 small shows to watch my Friend fight 1 in Dublin and 1 in newcastle and enjoyed those
    Hopin to get my hands on tickets for 93 in Dublin
    My favourite fighter is GSP, he is class and seems like a genuine fella

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭cletus

I'm 28, started training when I was about 15-16 in karate, and it just so appened that the guy I was trasining with, Mick Aldridge, wasa blue blt in bjj. Had no idea what it was, but i loved it and assumed all martial arts contained grappling. I was given Ufc 1-3 at this stage, so I've been a fan since

moved away from home when i was 18, trained intermitantly (sp) in various arts, from taekwondo to lau gar kung fu. Was unable to train for about a year due to illness, and another 16 months due to travelling.

began studying in UL in 2004 as a mature student, finally was able to get back to grappling, which was my first love. trained in Limerick with Mike Carroll, then with Ger Healy and Fergal Quinlan. Am now living and working in Naas, no training

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jughead202

see the guy u mentioned mike carrol , can u describe him know a guy of that name lives in the north now must be near 50 or there abouts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Im 24, I got into MMA through watching the ultimate fighter on bravo about 3 years ago. During my final year in collage in Limerick I decided to join the kickboxing club as I had been putting off doing it for the past few years. When I got there I saw that half the time was dedicated to grappling, which I always wanted to do after watching armbars on TV and wondering "how the f*** do they do that?".

Since then ive been training wherever my life took me. 1 year in Limerick, 6months with Waterford Vale Tudo , a couple months with Spartan MMA, and about 9 months with Jk in SBG ending with me doing my 1st b class fight in Belfast. Im now back in Limerick doing a post grad, training with Ger in Combat Sports Centre and showing the new people in the UL club things that I have learned training over the past couple years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭cletus

jughead202 wrote: »
    see the guy u mentioned mike carrol , can u describe him know a guy of that name lives in the north now must be near 50 or there abouts

Yeah, Mike is about 50, but as far as I know, he still has his club in Limerick, must be somebody else your thinking of

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

Great idea for a thread Dragan (as I belatedly get around to posting in it).

I had the usual childhood flirtation with traditional MAs, mainly various versions of karate. The whole ceremonial side of things always left me cold though, resulting in a loss of interest for many years. Did a bit of freestyle kickboxing in college, and later joined classes nearer home. Not as big on ceremony but I eventually got bored with the "belt-factory" aspect of things. Seemed you could go all the way to the penultimate belt without ever fighting.

Then, I got friendly with a Lithuanian guy who turned out to have been an army MMA champ back home. Along with a few like-minded lunatics, we acquired the use of a vacant storage unit from a friendly local businessman, and bit by bit we kitted it out with mats, bags and weights, etc. Naturally, it began to be referred to as 'Fight Club' - hence my increasingly embarrasing Boards' ID. :rolleyes:

I've been a fan of MMA since seeing early UFCs on dodgy VHS back in the day, and haven't missed a show on Bravo since they acquired it. Nowadays, I watch any promotion I can, and I was pleasantly surprised when I found out about the growing MMA scene in Ireland. We've been braving over-zealous clampers and mini-riots around the National Stadium ever since. :D

I've vague ambitions to give the MMA league a shot next year, The_Devil's "MMA Beginner" thread might be somewhere the more experienced guys can give us novices a push in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Paul " Arch "Bishop

27 :D

Ireland's longest serving white belt in bjj.

Will be manager of the two most dominant Irish fighters in about 16 years, being Alex and Lewis, aka " The Irish Nogueira Brothers "

And owner of the only place to watch UFC events since Jan 2004 - my gaff.

Watched my first UFC ( number 2 ) in 1995 on VHS, which was discoloured due to being an American version. I remember thinking 1 ) Ken Shamrock was so cool 2 ) Pat Smith's beatdown of Scott Morris was one of the most horrible things I'd ever seen, and 3 ) that the way to win a fight like Royce was just to take people onto the ground, it was easy.

Ordered the first 8 through Amazon and then just watched them from time to time. Then in 2002 it was on Sky Sports and I saw Tito and kept thinking, the old ones were way better, these lads wouldnt last 2 mins against Ken Shamrock - I suppose in the 2nd and 3rd fights he didnt. ;)

Went to UFC 50 in Atlantic City and there was about 50 people at the weigh in, and you wouldn't have known it was on if you werent a fan, no hype at all. Chatted to Dana White and asked about coming to Dublin and he said " he couldn't have a gang of UFC fighters in Temple Bar " - how times change.
    We also met GSP ( sound ), Ivan Salaverry ( gentleman ), Pat Miletich ( quiet ), Frank Mir ( legend ), Tim Sylvia ( thick as a plank ), Robbie Lawler ( lovely guy ), Rich Franklin ( in McDonalds on fight day with Jorge Gurgel ), Ken Shamrock ( nice guy ), Tank Abbott ( strangely dead on ) and the Tapout crew who were great craic. Tito wouldnt give us a picture, and I never got to meet my favourite fighter at the time Evan Tanner RIP.
    Met Bruce Buffer, who when he heard we were from Ireland, said that a trip that far deserved a special gift. He reached into his chest pocket, all the while me thinking backstage pass, and gave my 14 year old lad a signed picture of himself - worth the trip indeed. :rolleyes:
    Been to Belfast and Newcastle since and will be in Dublin in January. Best sport in the World for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Met Bruce Buffer, who when he heard we were from Ireland, said that a trip that far deserved a special gift. He reached into his chest pocket, all the while me thinking backstage pass, and gave my 14 year old lad a signed picture of himself - worth the trip indeed. :rolleyes:

Did it have his brothers michaels name on it?! that would of been better."Lets get ready to rumble".
    bruce buffer, poor mans michael in all fainess. "its time"! what a crap call out..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Paul " Arch "Bishop

27 :D

Bish you liar! You're only 24! :D

You might change that white belt status if you come back down to train with us once in a while!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Drederick tatum

Hi all
    Im a big fan of most combat sports and done a bit of boxing and kickboxing as a kid, i was always into boxing and then seen K1 and thought that was great too-Then i seen some pride fights and thought it was weird: k1 with wrestling? now im adapted and love the mma too..

anyway, im going to be at home watching the ufc in the o2 due to financial constraints but still cant wait, might go to the weigh ins though..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭irish fighter

hi all tony k here fighter and a fan love the sport
    i have trained in boxing and kickboxing for about 10 years before i
    found the sport of mma through a few lads down here in waterford
    that started a team up called waterford vale tudo it was all new to me this mad ground game but i loved it so i started fighting in the mma league and have been doing so for the last 3 years i have done one c class fight in ring of truth lost the fight but loved getting in there and putting it on the line
    and now i have started my own team black hawk mma and i am still in the mma league role on dublin and trainning with a few good lads for our next fights.what a sport:)

Advertisement