Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on Sharing My broadband Connection!!!

Options
  • 03-10-2008 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

qyuvxe.jpg

My Question is:

I live in A and My Parents live in B. I have a broadband connection and I want to share it with my Parents. Can you please tell me what my options are, i.e. wireless transmitters, underground cabling etc.
    I've heard setting up a point-to-point connection might work but i dont know how to do this. Can someone please advise me. I know cabling might not be an option over 140m.

The reason I’m doing this is because my parents would like to use broadband but not enough to subscribe to any service.

Much Appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Have you a clean line of sight between the buildings?..Is that a council road or private roadway?Are there any cables (particullary phone cables) running between the two buildings?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

I have a similar physical situation.
    Linksys form for access points suggests using WAP54G with HGA7T replacement antennas; using WiFi b set-up.
    I have ordered the parts and will try it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Deadly Delta

Have you a clean line of sight between the buildings?..Is that a council road or private roadway?Are there any cables (particullary phone cables) running between the two buildings?

Yes there is a clean line of sight between the buildings and there's no cables running directly between the houses at this point. The road is public also.
    I have a similar physical situation.
    Linksys form for access points suggests using WAP54G with HGA7T replacement antennas; using WiFi b set-up.
    I have ordered the parts and will try it soon.

Would this work well at 140m indoors?

I have done a bit of googling on it and found this on yahoo answers
    Would something like that do the job? If so can someone guide me to a product?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Have a look in your PM inbox , i pasted in a link to some gear that will do it the job for you.

Advertisement