Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Email List Provider

Options
  • 03-10-2008 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a good free website that provides reliable email delivery.

I know that I can use Gmail or one of those but I wonder what is the most reliable for delivery and free from being rejected for spam.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Personally i've never had any of those problems with gmail. Gmail used to be really iffy for the delivery side of things, but since it's come out of beta, i find it to be pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

ummm, Gmail is still IN beta actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

GMail is still in beta according to the logo anyway :):
    logo.gif

I use the e-mail services provided by both Blacknight and Hosting 365 and have had no spam with either. There are occasional send/receive issues however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Gareth37 wrote: »
    ... and free from being rejected for spam.

You can't guarantee your emails will not be rejected for looking like spam as it's partly dependent on the recipient's spam filter settings which are pretty much beyond your control. The best you can do is not write mails that look like spam. I still mainly use plain text for email, but even it gets filtered sometimes. Iirc some email systems used to filter everything as spam until you whitelisted them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Use it myself as do a few clients.. next to none in terms of spam, quick to setup and reliability is usually good (tho its let me down a few times in recent months).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Are you looking for "normal" email use or are you planning on mass mailing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭handbraker

sounds to me you might be mass mailing. gmail etc wont be much use for this. you would be better off speaking to newsweaver or an email delivery company

Advertisement