Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Conflict 2 , Questions

Options
  • 03-10-2008 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I've searched on the UC site but couldn't find this info...

What is the name of the arena? Area of Newry?
    What Time does it start?
    Will you accept foreign currency (euros) on the door for tickets? I never got to the bank today?!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jughead202

newry sports centre 61 patrick street newry best i can do mate ............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

fighter check in is at half 5 so i presume doors will be around 6 ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Mick T

you will be able to get your money changed as you go over the border, bureau de change are around a few places!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

fighter check in is at half 5 so i presume doors will be around 6 ish

Thanks for that. Was about to text the promoter :D. We'll be on as the headline so I'm looking forward to actually seeing some fights for once. Looks like a good card.

Gonna be a fun card. Looking forward to it now.

• Advertisement

Good night of fights tonight. I missed a lot of the fights in the middle because I was in the back with the lads helpin warm up but what I did see was very enjoyable. Pissed I missed the Torres fight but it was very close to Phils fight.

Great venue and excellent production. A big thumbs up. Congrats to all involved in a really good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fergal_d

Good night of fights tonight. I missed a lot of the fights in the middle because I was in the back with the lads helpin warm up but what I did see was very enjoyable. Pissed I missed the Torres fight but it was very close to Phils fight.

Great venue and excellent production. A big thumbs up. Congrats to all involved in a really good show.

I agree, it was v well ran.. (apart from the sound) but all in all one of the best shows ive been at

well worth the 5 hour drive home ( got lost on cavan back roads)

Who were you? I was warming up Joe Muhammed beside you guys.

Roper wrote: »
    Who were you? I was warming up Joe Muhammed beside you guys.

Yea we were right beside you guys for ages. We moved around to the other side of the curtain though cos Phils opponent was beside you guys so obviously didn't want him seeing the warm up etc. I was warming up with Phil Scollard. I'm the tall guy with shaggy black hair who was wearin the dodgy blue shorts (they were Phils not mine so they were a bit tight!!) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭RKMG

anyone know any of the results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Leo?

Partial Results:
    1: Paddy Cordell Torres JJ vs. Eoin Wilson Frames JJ Winner: Paddy Cordell (DQ)
    2: Johnny Origan Kokoro vs. Gareth Lyons Kyoujin Winner: Gareth Lyons (Decision)
    3: Johnny Bowden Kokoro vs. John Redmond Rush F.A. Winner Johhn Bowden (Submission)
    4: Cathal Pendred Kokoro vs. Karl Bruins Elite Winner: Cathal Pendred (Descision)
    5: Will Burdock Kokoro vs. Paul Brennan Sudden Impact Winner: Paul Brennan (KO)
    6: Leo Burdock Kokoro vs. Sebastian Torres Torres JJ Winner Sebastian Torres (Submission)
    7: Micky Brady Dog Pound vs. Brian Kenny Rush F.A. Winner: ???
    8: Ken Gormely Maynooth S.F. vs. Mick McLoughlin Winner: ???
    9: Gary Morris Rush F.A. vs. John McClements Sudden Impact Winner: Gary Morris (???)
    10: Ray Dowd Top Pro Kilkenny vs. Phil Scollard Next Generation Winner: Phil Scollard (Submission)
    11: Shane Thomas Kokoro vs. Ritchie Ivory Next Generation Winner: Ritchie Ivory (TKO)
    12: Damian Rooney EFR vs. Husen Muhammed KO Martial Arts Winner: Damian Rooney (TKO)
    13: Chris Stringer Chum Sut vs. Kevin Mcalonan EFR Winner: ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Leo? wrote: »
    Partial Results:
    1: Paddy Cordell Torres JJ vs. Eoin Wilson Frames JJ Winner: Paddy Cordell (DQ)
    2: Johnny Origan Kokoro vs. Gareth Lyons Kyoujin Winner: Gareth Lyons (Decision)
    3: Johnny Bowden Kokoro vs. John Redmond Rush F.A. Winner Johhn Bowden (Submission)
    4: Cathal Pendred Kokoro vs. Karl Bruins Elite Winner: Cathal Pendred (Descision)
    5: Will Burdock Kokoro vs. Paul Brennan Sudden Impact Winner: Paul Brennan (KO)
    6: Leo Burdock Kokoro vs. Sebastian Torres Torres JJ Winner Sebastian Torres (Submission)
    7: Micky Brady Dog Pound vs. Brian Kenny Rush F.A. Winner: ???
    8: Ken Gormely Maynooth S.F. vs. Mick McLoughlin Winner: ???
    9: Gary Morris Rush F.A. vs. John McClements Sudden Impact Winner: Gary Morris (???)
    10: Ray Dowd Top Pro Kilkenny vs. Phil Scollard Next Generation Winner: Phil Scollard (Submission)
    11: Shane Thomas Kokoro vs. Ritchie Ivory Next Generation Winner: Ritchie Ivory (TKO)
    12: Damian Rooney EFR vs. Husen Muhammed KO Martial Arts Winner: Damian Rooney (TKO)
    13: Chris Stringer Chum Sut vs. Kevin Mcalonan EFR Winner: ???

Kevin McAlonan won the main event, great to heare Kevin is back in the ring and on form.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Kevin McAlonan won the main event, great to heare Kevin is back in the ring and on form.

Kevin was briliant and totally dominated and made it look real easy, gary morris won by triangle choke/gnp, he was out and gary hit him a few times to get the ref to step in, so i dont know what it was called as!

great show, well done to the organisers, this is my favourite promotion by a long way.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

It was some setup. Massive warm up area. Beautiful cage. Two big screens.

The only thing that marred the night was a bit of crowd trouble by a (very) few idiots but I think the bouncers dealt with that efficiently and quickly.

Joe's knee is pretty bad today but he's had to go hobbling around town cos his missus wants to go shopping :D. The crowd were booing the fight at one stage because it wasn't a slugfest but I watched it again today and it was a great chess match. Damian had obviously done his homework on Joe and waited on him all the time which screwed up our game plan. We switched in the 2nd round and I thought Joe was starting to find his range a bit more often but the injury ended it so we'll never know how rd.3 would have gone. Damian was a worthy winner though.

Neil I saw those dodgy shorts alright. I'll say hi next time.

Yea do, now that I can put a face to the names and all that, I'll do the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

great show, well done to the organisers, this is my favourite promotion by a long way.

Totally agree. Best cage as I have said last year, best warm up area, plenty of staff who all know what they are doing, and the venue with the bleacher seats and the two big screens are superb.

Great fights to both referee and watch. Very proud of Phil who is back after a two year lay off though you woudnt know it, and now moves to 4-0 in Pro rules, and equally richie who has only 6 months jits training and followed game plan to the letter on his debut and an A class rules debut too.

Couple of things re promotion I would change, I would announce what class rules each fight is under, and explain them to the crowd. I reffed then switched with Peter and I sat in the crowd for a bit and people were asking about the rule difference, Its probably in the brochure but an announcement would help. I think as a whole we need to look at the no knees to the head standing in C class. Its a nightmare for both fighters and referees. From a sprawl or a guillotine position but not going for the choke, the obvious technique is knee to the head. Trying to land one on the body invariably contacts the head and yet again someone was d'qed last night for it. Either ban knees from c class altogether or allow them to all targets standing.

Great show though, well done Adrian etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

I thought this show was far and away better than the first Newry event.Some really good match ups...was great to see Phil back and I had the honor of reffing his fight.Also the Damo/Joe match up I thought was grand,I think the two were well matched up and it was a shame that it didnt go the distance but at least Joe had the sense to stop before he got seriously injured.I saw the nuggets acting up at the side of teh cage but I just think they were a bit boisterous is all,they quietened down when the doorstaff went in and that was that.
    All in all a good night,good facilities,smoothly run and no real injuries to talk of which is the important part.

oh by the way........does anyone have any pics of the show.........and Neil.....those shorts where well dodgy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

great to hear Phil and Richie were victorious. Neil, I think we need a picture of these dodgey shorts

no...........no you dont!

• Advertisement

weemate wrote: »
    Also the Damo/Joe match up I thought was grand,I think the two were well matched up and it was a shame that it didnt go the distance but at least Joe had the sense to stop before he got seriously injured.
    He literally couldn't go on. He's damaged his medial ligaments with the last kick he took I could see his knee twist, probably cumilative from the ones in the first round. He has to get it assessed properly when he goes home but we had a guy look him today and he reckons it's bad enough. 6-8 weeks out.

weemate wrote: »
    no...........no you dont!

I agree! lets put that one to bed for good! But eh, Valmont, if you want, big Joe took a photo so ask him! I also have one but nobodys gonna see it!

Note to self, bring cool manly board shorts next time!

good idea mate....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Brilliant night, have not been to too many fights but this was by far the best setup I have seen. The cage looked great, a lot sturdier than some I have seen in the past.
    Fights were all a very high standard. Unfortunately I missed the headline and Torres fights...

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

yeah agree with all the compliments.. was a great set-up, great professionalism and an all round great experience, loved every minute of it ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

gary morris won by triangle choke/gnp, he was out and gary hit him a few times to get the ref to step in, so i dont know what it was called as!
    Nice! :)

Sounds like Kevin didn't have much trouble moving up to lightweight anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    Nice! :)

Sounds like Kevin didn't have much trouble moving up to lightweight anyway.

thanks Tim, and your right Kevin DOMINATED the whole fight, it was a clinic of MMA from the man himself......

anybody got any pics or vids from my fight??

Wats up with pee wees in cage poses post fight!?! :pac:

• Advertisement

Camera Shy??:D

Advertisement