Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Conflict 2 , Questions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Ramunas

Great show , was beter than first. Better C class fights,B,A too. Best cage ,staff work . Now reffed fights D.J my opinion best refere in Ireland.
    Well done Adrian.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

Ramunas wrote: »
    Great show , was beter than first. Better C class fights,B,A too. Best cage ,staff work . Now reffed fights D.J my opinion best refere in Ireland.
    Well done Adrian.Thanks

Im not even gettin' into that!!!!:rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Show was brilliant. Really enjoyed it. The action replay on the screens was top notch.

I have one query. The fight C class fight was stopped due to a knee to head.

Was that adjudged to have been thrown on the gound? My understanding was knees to head while standing in semi-pro (c class) are allowed.

I was just a bit surprised when the guy who threw it lost the fight

Jason Mc wrote: »
    Show was brilliant. Really enjoyed it. The action replay on the screens was top notch.

Was that adjudged to have been thrown on the gound? My understanding was knees to head while standing in semi-pro (c class) are allowed.

Yea it was deemed an illegal knee to a downed opponent. The fella that got kneed had 3 points on the ground IIRC making it an illegal knee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Jason Mc wrote: »

Fairly sure it was no knees to the head full stop in C. Think that was actually asked specifically in the rules meeting.

• Advertisement

Roper wrote: »
    Fairly sure it was no knees to the head full stop in C. Think that was actually asked specifically in the rules meeting.

Its was discussed at a meeting on sunday with some promoters up north and it was agreed that they allowed while standing in C class.

If the guy was down with 3 points different story

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

According to the EFR amateur c class rules posted on the link below, there are no knees to the head at all in c class amateur rules. (not standing or on the ground) I was instructed that UC2 was being fought under EFR rules, I wasnt made aware of any meeting etc.

http://www.fighttalk.co.uk

If you read through this thread you will see my opinion on knees to the head in C class.

At the rules meeting I clearly said that there was no knees to the head during 'c' class matchups.This rule was taken directly from the EFR site.It was asked for clarification from Shane Thomas and I reiterated the fact that knees to the head was not a legal technique for c class.
    I also discussed the fact with David Patterson after the rules meeting.Shane had pointed out the same thing,that they were allowed in EFR match ups.Considering I took the rules from the EFR site I had to point out that it was not the case.
    Now if the rules have changed since then I have not been informed of it.I agreed with Dave that either they should be allowed or they shouldnt at all.This is where the unified set of rules needs to come in.I have reffed on every show going in Ireland and every promotion have their own idea of how things should run.I have seen some ridiculous rules at shows that are nearly impossible to implement and yet the promoters deem it the refs fault when things go wrong.
    Regardless,I never saw the fight but I was told that the knee came as the guy was grounded so it was a good call.

We had a chat and a bit of a demo with this on Monday night in the gym. Most guys were 3 points on the mat whenever the knee to the head was a viable choice. The only time the head came down low and knees were the only option was up against the wall.

I'm inclined towards keeping the rule of none to the head but okay to the body for C, maybe banning them altogether in D where the fights are likelier to be sloppier.

In many ways I think a unified code of when a guy can fight B or even C class might sort this out. If a fella's had 3 or 4 D class bouts and is used to the adrenaline and the pressure than he might not be so inclined to lose the rag and knee willy nilly.

No I was just wondering at the time

Its not as if I was close enough :(

Plus I dont want any of my lads getting disqualified. Especially at our own show

• Advertisement

weemate wrote: »
    Regardless,I never saw the fight but I was told that the knee came as the guy was grounded so it was a good call.

Thats pretty much it. It was off the scramble and he hit him with a knee, he still had 3 points grounded. It was a good call.

Thats pretty much it. It was off the scramble and he hit him with a knee, he still had 3 points grounded. It was a good call.
    No debate so, that's even him DQed from pro! The rule still needs to be looked at though.

For my show in December I'll consult the refs way in advance and use whatever rules they feel are the best, safest and easiest to ref. After the rules meeting on Saturday I heard a group talking about how the no knees to the head in C was stupid because of "the crowd", ie. it wasn't going to be entertaining enough. The crowd can blow a goat as far as I'm concerned if fighter safety is compromised, but there is a point there if the rules are different every show a guy goes to.

fighter safety is paramount as far as Im concerned.I dont answer to the crowd.A fighter wants to win thats understandable but its the refs responsibility to keep him from permanent injury or worse.If I think a fighter is in danger then I'll stop the fight.Thats it and I will take any abuse levelled at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dreadskin

i was the dqed fighter. to be honest i dont think there were three points. i went for thai clinch, and threw a knee. i was attempting to hit his solar plexus by pulling him down and in. i was not trying to get dqed, and feel very disappointed by the whole thing after two months of very hard training. however i presume we will just have to see the video...
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

I dont think your opponent had 3 points either, I disqualified you for kneeing him in the head which is illegal under c class rules regardless of the 3 point rule.

here Dave..........do you not answer emails???

Advertisement