Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M50 improved since Toll Plaza take down

Options
  • 03-10-2008 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I always go home through Leixslip from Swords as there always seems to be something or another wrong with the M50.

I know there s always going to be crashes but traffic volume wise is it still the same car park as it alwyas was?

Do you think things have improved a lot since the barriers have been removed or have it just been moved to another place?

Has the M50 improved since the barriers have been removed? 16 votes

Yes, fly home everyday!!
    0%
    No, Still the same crap!
    56%
    dougalPherekydesciaran76colm_mcmMax_DamageVictor_MbazzachazzaHeroditasthesis86 9 votes
    Purple Monkey diswaher!
    43%
    StarkOur man in HavanaCappocrosstownkarkhamBeta Ray BillGran Hermano 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The free flow junctions are the key to the M50 moving freely. The more that come online the better it will get .

Unfortunately that are some absolute tools who seem determind to cause as issues as possible and slow it down wither through general bad driving, ignorant and selfish driving or just plain slowness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

What you save on commuting time you will waste on the phone dealing with this shower so nothing gained.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Purple Monkey diswaher!
    I voted no, but in all honesty I don't think the M50 can be correctly evaluated until the total upgrade is complete. For now it's still a work in progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Purple Monkey diswaher!
    Redcow exit northbound is a disaster, as is the 4 lanes (3 plus merging from on ramp) into 2 lanes of traffic at Ballymount southbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Redcow exit northbound is a disaster, as is the 4 lanes (3 plus merging from on ramp) into 2 lanes of traffic at Ballymount southbound.

I haven't had an issue with the redesigned Red Cow apart from signage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

as is the 4 lanes (3 plus merging from on ramp) into 2 lanes of traffic at Ballymount southbound.

Wouldnt be any issues if people werent being one of or a combination of selfish, ignorant and stupid.

Advertisement