Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on UFC 93 (17th Jan, Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Derek Coleman

I know how you get a title shot.

GSP did it, Hermes Franca did it, Thiago Alves has just done it.

Beat a good opponent and take the mic off Joe Rogan and say "Dana... Give me a fookin title shot please". If the crowd reacts well then your in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Yup, my UFC 93 tickets have just arrived hot off the press and straight into my wall safe :p

Anyone else get theirs yet?.

Same here, arrived this morning! :)

Ye got mine this morning as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

I also got mine today. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Got mine too, delay must have been to put that picture of the point on them.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Arrived for me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Got mine too :)

Now lets see how many actually go up on Ebay and the like and how much they go for! You can't really sell the tickets without having the tickets!

I bet they release more in the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Just in case anyone is interested on going to Joe Rogan's comedy gig the night before, it looks like it'll be in the sugar club, no info on tickets yet.

And Supposed fight card so far:
    Rich "Ace" Franklin VS Dan "Hollywood" Henderson
    Mauricio "Shogun" Rua VS Mark Coleman
    Antonio Mendes VS Andre Gusmao
    Alan "The Talent" Belcher VS Denis Kang
    Ivan Serati VS Tomasz Drwal
    Chris "Lights Out" Lytle VS Marcus "The Irish Hand Grenade" Davis
    Tom Egan VS John Hathaway
    Nate Mohr VS Dennis Siver
    Rousimar Palhares VS Jeremy Horn

• Advertisement

gumby will probably have a fight the night before, the weekend before and 2 the weekend after!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

Nate Mohr - Dennis Siver has to be the most underwhelming fight in UFC history. What is the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Jeremy Horn is fighting Rory Singer now.

I hate Rory Singer!! (sorry, but I had to get that out there) he came across badly on TUF 3.

REMINDER:

Lads fighter bashing is against the rules of the forum. I've no problem with "I don't like Kenny Florian/Matt Hughes" etc, and the type of comments that we've had before provided there's no name calling. Constructive and intelligent reasons given is fine. Calling them names is not.

Calling fighters unwarranted names is bannable. Also remember that there are some guys fighting on this card who have affiliations with people who post here so bear that in mind before posting please. I'm not giving any infractions this time but I will the next time I see it. I think that's more than fair.

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/12/01/martin-kampmann-set-to-return-at-ufc-93/

Kampmann making his WW debut in Dublin apparently.

This card is looking far more impressive than recent UK cards, anyone else agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Kampmann is a solid fighter, could be a new lease of life for him at WW.

And i agree, this is a very strong card. We are quite lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

Any word on who he's fighting? This card needs another interesting competitive fight.

Is Singer on because rousimhar Palhares is injured?

i'll be disappointed if Palhares is off. :(

He is back fighting Palhares now.

• Advertisement

The UFC today confirmed a number of bouts set for UFC 93 as well as revealing the main televised card for the January 17 show.

UFC 93 takes place at the o2 Arena in Dublin, Ireland and features a light-heavyweight main event between Rich Franklin and Dan Henderson, as well as Mark Coleman vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua.

Other bouts scheduled for the PPV broadcast include Alan Belcher vs. Denis Kang, Marcus Davis vs. Chris Lytle, and Jeremy Horn vs. Rousimar Palhares.

The full UFC 93 card as follows:

MAIN CARD

Dan Henderson vs. Rich Franklin

Mark Coleman vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua

Alan Belcher vs. Denis Kang

Marcus Davis vs. Chris Lytle

Jeremy Horn vs. Rousimar Palhares

PRELIMINARY CARD

Can't wait for this show, the card looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

I'm delighted with the card. It good to see the UFC hasnt just tried to fill the card with no names after selling out quickly. Cant wait to see Palhares, The guy can put you in a submission by just looking at ya.

The full UFC 93 card as follows:

MAIN CARD

Dan Henderson vs. Rich Franklin

Mark Coleman vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua

Alan Belcher vs. Denis Kang

Marcus Davis vs. Chris Lytle

Jeremy Horn vs. Rousimar Palhares

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

sorry if its slightly OT lads but does anyone have tickets for sale? if so please pm me.

absolutley gutted i missed the tickets :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭yeah-buddy

enemy wrote: »
    sorry if its slightly OT lads but does anyone have tickets for sale? if so please pm me.

absolutley gutted i missed the tickets :(
    www.toutless.com go there rather than posting here

Jeremy Horn has 6 inches over Rousimar Palhares. That probably equates to a huge reach advantage. Horn could win if he keeps him on the end of his jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Tickets arrived in the post earlier! Roll on Jan 17th! 10 days after my birthday, i'm sure i'll still be suffering the after effects. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Tickets arrived in the post earlier! Roll on Jan 17th! 10 days after my birthday, i'm sure i'll still be suffering the after effects. :D

People are still getting ticketmaster tickets in the post? Old Skool! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Jeremy Horn has 6 inches over Rousimar Palhares. That probably equates to a huge reach advantage. Horn could win if he keeps him on the end of his jab.

Won't be that hard. I was so dissapointed in Palhares against Hendo. He wasn't try to take him down so much as throwing himself at Hendo's legs every now and then.

A little harsh Dragan, after all I think its fair to say Hendo has wrestled once or twice before, so taking him down could be just a little bit difficult

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

yeah-buddy wrote: »
    www.toutless.com go there rather than posting here

well if i didnt post here i would never have found that place. thanks for the help

Advertisement