Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on UFC 93 (17th Jan, Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Think there will be a UFC after party in Dublin? If so I want in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Whats the story with some fan website you have to sign up to for tickets or am I just starting a rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭meboloxitis

I heard that O2 customers get an opportunity to buy tickets before they are released to the general public. Anybody know if there is any truth in this?
    I really can't wait for this event, I was gutted I missed the last UFC in Northern Ireland. This time no excuses!!
    I think coleman's gonna get ko'd in the first, bloke has'nt fought in nearly 10 years!! At least he had the cop on to pull out of the Lesnar fight, otherwise he'd be still drinkin dinner out of a straw.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I think coleman's gonna get ko'd in the first, bloke has'nt fought in nearly 10 years!!

Eh, Coleman has about 16 fights over the last decade dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Dragan, dont be ruining things with facts :D

• Advertisement

I think Coleman gets subbed in round one. Barring another arm break of course.

dunkamania wrote: »
    Dragan, dont be ruining things with facts :D

It's all i've got.

That and charm.

And looks.:pac:

Dragan wrote: »
    And looks.:pac:

Pffft....uggo tbh!! :pac:

The UFC's latest European roster addition will make his octagon debut at January's UFC 93 event in Dublin, Ireland.

Ivan Serati (10-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has been added to a fight card that currently features a main event of Rich Franklin vs. Dan Henderson and a co-main event of Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Mark Coleman. It's the UFC's initial foray into the country.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) learned of the booking from Serati's manager, Alex Burzotta.

No opponent has yet been confirmed.

Serati, a former pro boxer, signed with the UFC in September. Debuting in 2006 on the European circuit, he made an explosive start to his career by stopping his first five opponents with strikes. Not a single opponent survived more than 60 seconds.

However in his sixth career bout, at an April 2007 Cage Rage event, Serati suffered his first loss -- a first-round TKO to former UFC light heavyweight champion Vitor Belfort (17-8).

However, Serati has rebounded and is currently on a four-fight win streak. He's stopped all four opponents in that stretch -- with three of the wins coming in the first round.

Serati becomes only the second Italian (Alessio Sakara) to compete in the world's premier MMA organization.

For the latest on UFC 93, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

Venue: The 02
    Broadcast: PPV

Dan Henderson vs. Rich Franklin
    Mark Coleman vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
    Ivan Serati vs. TBA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I heard that O2 customers get an opportunity to buy tickets before they are released to the general public. Anybody know if there is any truth in this?

A certain number of tickets are made available in each section for O2 customers to buy before the general sale. O2 customers have to register on the arena's site before they can buy them. It's not as if O2 customers get to take all the best seats before anyone else. I think that the UFC Fight Club works the same way, but I don't know if members get that deal on events over here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Damn my lack of employment at the moment :mad:

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Fozzy wrote: »
    I think that the UFC Fight Club works the same way, but I don't know if members get that deal on events over here

As far as I know, you can become a member of the fan club through ticketmaster -its about £40stg to join and I think you get presale info etc for European shows. Not 100% on that, but its what I have been told.

-Just had a look on Ticketmaster: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/1F003E5003C941B8?artistid=965654&majorcatid=10005&minorcatid=10005

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

calex71 wrote: »
    Damn my lack of employment at the moment :mad:

They are looking to hire European refs and judges at the mo :p

rovert wrote: »

hmmmmmmm time to adjust the old cv so, no big deal to change 5 years IT to 5 BJJ is it :pac:
    or might be easier to just change the name on it to herb dean or some such im sure they'd hire me then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

It be cool to see one of the irish refs like dave jones or aidan marron do this.

calex71 wrote: »
    hmmmmmmm time to adjust the old cv so, no big deal to change 5 years IT to 5 BJJ is it :pac:
    or might be easier to just change the name on it to herb dean or some such im sure they'd hire me then :D

Or go blind :eek:

Or go blind :eek:

I'm sure there is a down side to that plan but i just dont see it :D

The Ultimate Fighting Championship has further added to its growing roster of European talent by inking a deal with top U.K. lightweight Abdul Mohamed (16-6-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC).

Sources close to Mohamed told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) of the signing on Monday, though terms of the contract were not undisclosed.

Mohamed is expected to make his debut at UFC 93, which takes place Jan. 17 in Dublin, Ireland.

No opponent has been determined.

Mohamed, a five year-veteran of the sport, has fought the entirety of his career in the U.K. A member of the expanding Wolfslair gym, he will join stablemates Michael Bisping, Paul Kelly, Quinton Jackson and Cheick Kongo on the UFC roster.

Mohamed has been a longtime target of the UFC, and he had been a rumored participant during past UFC shows in the U.K.

Mohamed is a powerhouse grappler known for overwhelming his opponents with wrestling and dominant top position control. He picked up a unanimous-decision victory over Ross Pearson at Cage Gladiators 9 this past weekend. The victory is believed to have secured the UFC deal, sources close to the fighter said.

During his career, Mohamed has competed against the likes of former Cage Rage champion and EliteXC fighter Paul Daley, whom he fought to a draw, and grappling sensation Vitor Ribeiro, to whom he lost via submission. He holds victories over the likes of Jean Silva, Ross Pointon and Robbie Olivier.

Ivan Serati vs. TBA
    Abdul Mohamed vs. TBA

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

brolly wrote: »
    As far as I know, you can become a member of the fan club through ticketmaster -its about £40stg to join and I think you get presale info etc for European shows. Not 100% on that, but its what I have been told.

-Just had a look on Ticketmaster: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/1F003E5003C941B8?artistid=965654&majorcatid=10005&minorcatid=10005

UFC Fight Club members get access to tickets for all UFC's (not sure about Fight Nights or TUF Finales) prior to the general public.

Tickets go on sale generally in this order........

UFC Fight Club presale, generally 2/3 days....
    UFC Newsletter(anyone who signs up to this gets a code emailed to them), generally the next day or 2 and then finally .......
    General Public.....

If you want to buy tickets in the UFC Fight club presale, you either use your Fight Club code OR you can purchase a membership to the fight club at the same time as purchasing your tickets. From memory its about USD$75.

Fight club membership entitles you top purchase up to 6 tickets for each event in the FC presale. I think you can use your code for 6 events in any 12 month period.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

From f4wonline.com:
    --UFC has informed us stories of Abdul Mohamed coming to UFC at this point are incorrect. He is not signed, he is not looking to be signed, and he is not on the January show in Dublin.

• Advertisement

A light heavyweight fight between Andre Gusmao (5-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) and Antonio Mendes (15-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) has been added to UFC 93, an event that takes place Jan. 17 at The 02 in Dublin, Ireland.

The match-up was first reported in the Oct. 13 edition of Wrestling Observer.

The 205-pound match-up complements the night's main event between light heavyweights Dan Henderson and Rich Franklin, as well as a co-main event of Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Mark Coleman.

Gusmao, a former IFL fighter who turned pro in 2006, made his octagon debut earlier this year at UFC 87. Facing late replacement and underdog Jon Jones, Gusmao suffered the first loss of his career: a unanimous-decision defeat.

Mendes, meanwhile, will also look to rebound from a loss in his UFC debut. After stringing together an 11-fight win streak fighting throughout Europe, Mendes debuted at UFC 84 and suffered a first-round submission loss (via strikes) to top 205-pound contender Thiago Silva.

UFC 93 will air on pay per view. The Gusmao-Mendes fight will likely end up on the night's un-aired preliminary card.

Ivan Serati vs. TBA
    Andre Gusmao vs. Antonio Mendes
    Abdul Mohamed vs. TBA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Of all the weekends I choose to go away and book early to do so. So going mad I will miss out. Hopefully it will not be the first and last

Marcus Davis has hinted in a Sherdog interview that if he can put Kelly away with no injuries then he will hopefully end up on the card.

He basically said he has molested management to get to fight here.

ufc93_presale_fc.jpg

Tickets are on sale tomorrow for fight club members.

The price range is €50-€250 for normal people:

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/180041509E432323?artistid=&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=102

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

hmmmmmm wrote: »
    I hope Marcus Davis is not on this card, he's about as Irish as I am Jamican.

I somewhat echo this claim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

ShagNastii wrote: »

Does it really matter, I don't care if he claims to be related to a molecule of goo from the 3rd Moon of Jupiter
    He is a good fighter and as such I hope he is on the card so we get a chance to see him in person

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

ShagNastii wrote: »

He has irish ancestors and is proud of this, i'll cheer him on as irish, as its great to see a lad so proud to be called irish, plus he's a beast and always puts on fight of the night contenders..

Hope he's on the show, he'd be my choice out of all the ufc fighters to appear.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

I was told that fight club members get to go to a UFC Q&A and meet and greet event, anyone know if this is true?

cowzerp wrote: »
    He has irish ancestors and is proud of this, i'll cheer him on as irish, as its great to see a lad so proud to be called irish, plus he's a beast and always puts on fight of the night contenders..

Agreed, he is a good fighter and loves to fight in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

cowzerp wrote: »

he wears an "Irish Battle Kilt" to the ring, hello? He is an idiot IMO who has done only the scantest research on his Irish "Heritage", I think he shoudl come to Ireland just so I can tell him this personally.

Advertisement