Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Battles and Sieges

• 03-10-2008 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

i bought this book last year and have to say its a very good read, expically the seige of clonmel, it had all the battles/seiges all over the country wonderfully explained except one.........Waterford.

Now maybe it was a genuine error on the part of the author but i cant help but feel that they City sometimes is left "forgotten", even in the media (with the exception with the current fued). Perhaps im wrong, but either way i would have loved to have read about the seige of Waterford.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

There are a couple of good books out there on the siege of Waterford. I based my special topic essay for the leaving cert on it and had loads of research material. Local historians Jack O Neill and Dermot Power were a big help too.

Advertisement