Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no ADC in PT8 LE

Options
  • 03-10-2008 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭

unbelievable.. thats me done with pro-tools le - ill hang on to it for jobs but im gonna fully switch to reaper now.

they have said that ADC is on their radar but a totally differant ballgame to ADC on the HD system.

ok, so go talk to steinberg, cakewalk, logic, cockoos etc etc.. if they can all get it right why cant the digi?

drag it out till the very end (probably get it in pt9 or 10).

and not that it affects me but still no 64bit support for LE or HD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

unbelievable.. thats me done with pro-tools le - ill hang on to it for jobs but im gonna fully switch to reaper now.

they have said that ADC is on their radar but a totally differant ballgame to ADC on the HD system.

ok, so go talk to steinberg, cakewalk, logic, cockoos etc etc.. if they can all get it right why cant the digi?

drag it out till the very end (probably get it in pt9 or 10).

and not that it affects me but still no 64bit support for LE or HD

I'm meeting the guys from Digi UK for Lunch tomorrow ..... shall I punch them in the face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    I'm meeting the guys from Digi UK for Lunch tomorrow ..... shall I punch them in the face?

thats a little harsh.. but you can tell them im a little disgruntled :P

thats a little harsh.. but you can tell them im a little disgruntled :P

Well I was originally going to stab them in the hand with a fork ...... maybe I'll just rob a chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

LE is artificially retarded to protect HD sales.
    A mac pro octocore using logic kicks a HD rig's @rse when it comes to plugin count.
    If Digi put ADC and decent track count into LE/M-Powered everyone would buy an M-Audio lightbridge and apogee converters and have a better sounding and more powerful PT rig than HD for much cheaper.
    Computer technology has moved on exponentially since HD was released and Digi knows it.
    I think they dropped the ball on this one. Time will tell.

A current thread about 2 bus effects got into talking about parallel compression. Try this on LE and you will get a nice phaser effect, or a wonderful digital delay if you are using UAD/Liquidmix/powercore.

LE is artificially retarded to protect HD sales.
    A mac pro octocore using logic kicks a HD rig's @rse when it comes to plugin count.
    If Digi put ADC and decent track count into LE/M-Powered everyone would buy an M-Audio lightbridge and apogee converters and have a better sounding and more powerful PT rig than HD for much cheaper.
    Computer technology has moved on exponentially since HD was released and Digi knows it.
    I think they dropped the ball on this one. Time will tell.

A current thread about 2 bus effects got into talking about parallel compression. Try this on LE and you will get a nice phaser effect, or a wonderful digital delay if you are using UAD/Liquidmix/powercore.

Very well put ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

good to see my little rant in the other thread about this is echoed by many.

It's a fcukin joke tbh. Deliberately retarding a feature of LE to stop HD becoming redundant really gets my goat.

Paul, if you can, can you ask how digi are preparing to compete with Logic in the current market given that SO many people have made the change.

I'd say in about two years time they may as well only be a PC-exclusive company as I genuinely can't see the advantage of Pro Tools anymore (except compatibility I suppose but that'll change).

Ever since the 003 fiasco I've been very unimpressed with digidesign in general.
    I've used HD systems and LE systems for years and nowadays avoid them like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I think moving into the world of parallel compression really showed me what a royal pain-in-the-ass not having delay compensation in your DAW.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

It's really not that big of a problem to work around it.
    Sure, it shouldn't happen, but Digi have obviously decided not to implement it, so waddaya gonna do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

teamdresch wrote: »
    It's really not that big of a problem to work around it.
    Sure, it shouldn't happen, but Digi have obviously decided not to implement it, so waddaya gonna do?

switch to reaper - now there is a dev that takes every suggestion on board and implements a lot with free updates.

infact if you buy a reaper license (commercial or otherwise) you get free upgrades until version 3 (cant imagine digi handin out upgrades like that)

theres a few things that need tweeking but using audio as a virtual tape rec and desk its solid as you can get.

(and you can make your own skins which is noice :D)

Advertisement